Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

PF3: Intruding First Officer for "Airport in sight"

Even with all FO functionalities turned off (and only "Talk to ATC controllers" activated in the MCE UI) whenever PF3 (on VFR flights) calls "The airport is ... Report airport in sight" a magic FO comes entering my cockpit, replies to ATC and asks me if I can see the runway. No other situation I experienced that.

Can you please ban him from my solo cockpit?

Btw: With the FO activated but in "I have ATC"-mode he  does the same as above (as it would be in "You have ATC"-mode). So that should be changed also.

Regards!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Even with all FO functionalities turned off (and only "Talk to ATC controllers" activated in the MCE UI) whenever PF3 (on VFR flights) calls "The airport is ... Report airport in sight" a magic FO comes entering my cockpit, replies to ATC and asks me if I can see the runway. No other situation I experienced that.

Btw: With the FO activated but in "I have ATC"-mode he  does the same as above (as it would be in "You have ATC"-mode). So that should be changed also.

Regards!

Thanks for reporting these.

MCE with just "Talk to ATC feature" is the least tested scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if other little gremlins appear here and there.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, RALF9636 said:

Regards!

This issue and handling of emergencies with PF3 should now be sorted in latest version V2.7.5.5

The problem with the FO asking for "Airport in sight" when the FO is turned off ("Real Cockpit Crew Coordination" unchecked) is solved with 2.7.5.5. But only after a little detour:

Actually initially it has become even worse:

When using PF3, MCE starts in "You have ATC" mode, i.e. the FO is responding to ATC on his own. But that is now also the case if the FO is turned off. So even with the FO turned off he replies to ATC and sets frequencies on his own. And I can't stop him by saying "I have ATC" because he is turned off and does not react to that command.

To solve this I had to reenable the FO, say "i have ATC" and then disable him again.

MCE should be in "I have ATC"mode everytime the FO is disabled.

Regarding the emergencies, see here:

On 3/27/2018 at 11:11 AM, RALF9636 said:

The problem with the FO asking for "Airport in sight" when the FO is turned off ("Real Cockpit Crew Coordination" unchecked) is solved with 2.7.5.5. But only after a little detour:

Actually initially it has become even worse:

When using PF3, MCE starts in "You have ATC" mode, i.e. the FO is responding to ATC on his own. But that is now also the case if the FO is turned off. So even with the FO turned off he replies to ATC and sets frequencies on his own. And I can't stop him by saying "I have ATC" because he is turned off and does not react to that command.

To solve this I had to reenable the FO, say "i have ATC" and then disable him again.

MCE should be in "I have ATC"mode everytime the FO is disabled.

Regarding the emergencies, see here:

There was a delay of 4 seconds. Now increased.to 8

Other issue also sorted.

Apply this patch

• Upvote 1

Is this the latest patch no matter which ATC I use?

Thanks,

Gerald,

How often do normally you integrate the current patches in the installer?

Is there a dedicated thread where would you post links to the latest MCE updates, that we can see here and there sometimes?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Gerald,

How often do normally you integrate the current patches in the installer?

Is there a dedicated thread where would you post links to the latest MCE updates, that we can see here and there sometimes?

Thanks.

Typically, when you report an issue either on the forum or via e-mail we let you know as soon as the patch is available.

We have an automated package builder, which means we can make one once a day if required.

Because we provide a Demo, we want it to be in good shape all the time.

I'd say, patch would be integrated into the main package within a few days, to a week.

Latest version always available here

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel.

Do not delete anything manually, as the license file and installed extra voice packs remain in place.

Download (save) latest, unzip and run "InstallMCE".

For most updates that's all you need to do.

On the occasion where support is added for a new aircraft (it will be the case for QW 787 soon) , in order to get the pre-made flows in place, you would need to briefly run the app wizard.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. NO need to go through speech training every time you run the wizard.

Edit: Just to add, whenever you come across a dead link for a specific patch, you can assume it's already built into the latest.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

On 2.4.2018 at 1:20 PM, FS++ said:

There was a delay of 4 seconds. Now increased.to 8

Other issue also sorted.

Apply this patch

The problem with the FO responding to ATC even with the FO turned off is solved with this patch.

But now the FO ATC capabilities seem to be lost even with the FO activated and in "you have ATC" mode. He does not respond to ATC any more. He makes the requests I ask him to, but does not respond.  On "Reply to ATC" he only repeats the call sign, as if he could not read the ATC messages any more. I didn't change anything in the MCE and PF3 ini files.

So I wasn't able to test the emergencies yet.

Edited by RALF9636

Hopefully a newer update will follow?

Thanks.

Thanks for your support.

Why don't you announce your newer patches in one pinned thread in the top of the forum?

44 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Thanks for your support.

Why don't you announce your newer patches in one pinned thread in the top of the forum?

That one is related to MaddogX support in P3D V4, which is still works in progress for another week.

Only people flying that aircraft would want it early. It started from this thread.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:53 PM, FS++ said:

MCE with just "Talk to ATC feature" is the least tested scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if other little gremlins appear here and there.

Regarding that...when I do ATC myself, which is then often VFR and/or at uncontrolled airfields, I encounter a number of problems, and it gets frustrating. Announcing pattern turns is hard, even more so if I use an unusual call-sign ("25 455" for an ultralight e.g.), which MCE seems to want to match to an airline callsign. Are you planning on improving that function? Do you have any tips to better it from my side?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

Regarding that...when I do ATC myself, which is then often VFR and/or at uncontrolled airfields, I encounter a number of problems, and it gets frustrating. Announcing pattern turns is hard, even more so if I use an unusual call-sign ("25 455" for an ultralight e.g.), which MCE seems to want to match to an airline callsign. Are you planning on improving that function? Do you have any tips to better it from my side?

What aircraft type are you using?

What's the tail registration number?