Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

PF3: Intruding First Officer for "Airport in sight"

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

OK, will be looked at sometime next week.

Thanks a lot Gerald :smile:

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 4/7/2018 at 12:01 AM, FS++ said:

Get the patch for PF3 MCE integration from this link

Manually replace files as per folder structure

Is it still the latest version?

Thanks,

8 hours ago, FS++ said:

Yes, it is. And official download package already updated on website

I hope uninstall/newer install to update won't disturb all my current MCE settings will it? And my own Voxkeys.

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I hope uninstall/newer install to update won't disturb all my current MCE settings will it? And my own Voxkeys.

You won't lose anything.

Flows and Voxkey profile are stored in \My Documents\ folder.

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel.

Do not delete anything manually, as both license key and installed additional human recorded voice pcks will remain there.

Download latest, unzip and run "InstallMCE"

Should be all you need to do.

On 5.4.2018 at 8:51 AM, RALF9636 said:

The problem with the FO responding to ATC even with the FO turned off is solved with this patch.

But now the FO ATC capabilities seem to be lost even with the FO activated and in "you have ATC" mode. He does not respond to ATC any more. He makes the requests I ask him to, but does not respond.  On "Reply to ATC" he only repeats the call sign, as if he could not read the ATC messages any more. I didn't change anything in the MCE and PF3 ini files.

So I wasn't able to test the emergencies yet.

The problem with the MCE-FO not responding to ATC any more was caused by choosing a non-airline callsign in PF3. Whenever in PF3 no airline at all is chosen for the callsign (e.g. only N182T) the MCE-FO does not recognize that callsign when ATC calls. It works fine when an airline (or Cessna, Piper etc.) is selected for the callsign in PF3 (Cessna N182T works).

So apart from this (no big deal because with a non-airline callsign you are flying solo normally anyway) the "intruding First Officer" is solved now. Also the emergencies are working okay, the timing is fine now.

Edited by RALF9636

On 4/9/2018 at 2:34 AM, DrumsArt said:

The announcing of the pattern turns does not work for me too, I have no answer from the tower ! To get an answer, I have to type the corresponding key....

Please Gerald, is possible to fix it ?

Thank you and Regards,

On 4/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, FS++ said:

OK, will be looked at sometime next week.

Hi Gerald,

Please, have you some news about this issue ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi Gerald,

Please, have you some news about this issue ?

Thank you and Regards,

Some testing files were sent to Ralf who is probably the guy using PF3 the most.

Apparently not solved yet. Hopefully by the end of this week.

Thank you for the update Gerald...

Regards,

Richard Portier

On 4/30/2018 at 6:40 PM, FS++ said:

... Ralf who is probably the guy using PF3 the most.

I wouldn't bet on that. At least not at this time of year when I start enjoying the European summer season away from my computer ... 😉

Edited by RALF9636

I'd like to offer my help beta-testing. I can do a couple of VFR flights on the weekend.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I'd like to offer my help beta-testing. I can do a couple of VFR flights on the weekend.

Thanks.

Will post new files later this week.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have the problem that FSS is virtually impossible to reach? On my last flight, I needed FSS to switch from VFR to IFR, and then to close the flight plan after landing at an uncontrolled airfield, and despite using a Cessna callsign and different phrase versions, I couldn't get MCE to contact FSS (also no pattern calls, but that's known).

Also, while taxiing at a controlled airfield, instead of reporting to Tower that I am ready for departure, MCE intreprets the runway number I speak as a request for that runway. I'm guessing that's because I was too far away from the runway in that particular situation, as MCE eventually got it right after I had inched forward a few times, almost completely across the halting line. Those halting lines are often a little further away from the runway, so can MCE be tweaked to be a little more "forgiving" in that situation?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Does anyone have the problem that FSS is virtually impossible to reach? On my last flight, I needed FSS to switch from VFR to IFR, and then to close the flight plan after landing at an uncontrolled airfield, and despite using a Cessna callsign and different phrase versions, I couldn't get MCE to contact FSS (also no pattern calls, but that's known).

Try "Radio, <callsign> requesting you open/close my flightplan".

That works for me almost every time. If I add "<departure> radio" or "...my flightplan to <destination>" the recognition rate decreases.

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Also, while taxiing at a controlled airfield, instead of reporting to Tower that I am ready for departure, MCE intreprets the runway number I speak as a request for that runway. I'm guessing that's because I was too far away from the runway in that particular situation, as MCE eventually got it right after I had inched forward a few times, almost completely across the halting line. Those halting lines are often a little further away from the runway, so can MCE be tweaked to be a little more "forgiving" in that situation?

Not sure if that really depends on your position; maybe that was just coincidental.

I have the same problem sometimes. Speaking clearly and pausing a little between "... at holding point runway 23" and "ready for departure" helps a bit. Also try "requesting takeoff (clearance)" instead of "ready for departure".

Okay, will try that, thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios