Sign in to follow this  
McFly08151

Need help for developing

Hi, i believe i need e little bit help.
I tried to create a modul for a C-160 from JSS Simulation.
I`m a absolut beginner in modul development for LINDA.

For this i tried out how can i read LVARS for a standard aircraft at FSX. I`m using a test Pc with a FSX with absolut Standard konfiguration. (no AI Traffic no Scenery) only JSS C-160 installed and some freeware A/C.
I load a B58 and LINDA.
Now i startet the developer mode from LINDA.
Klicking "start all" at .
The console shows the following but it shows no inputs that i have do like taxi lights on or landing lights on. Whats happened? Where is my mistake?:

Deleted Log

Edited by ScotFlieger
Deleted Log

update:
I update LINDA and FSUIPC but the same problem (no LVARS will be tracked):
memory location obtained ok

deleted log

Edited by ScotFlieger
Deleted log

I don`t know whats wrong.
For exampel what i did:
1. Start FSX with default aircraft
2. Start LINDA
3. Start LINDA Tracer (Log FSX Control etc. enabled)
4. Reload all LVARS
5. Start all

Console show "All LVARS watching started..."

But thats the end. I clicking some spots at the FSX VC. Nothing is record by the console.

I will take a look and advise later. Please do not paste long logs in the forum. It makes reading very difficult and does not help us to help you.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Detlef

First of all, while you are free to try your hand, creating a new module is not a trivial exercise and requires some programming knowledge. We can not provide any tutorial or mentoring for doing this. There are plenty of examples of other aircraft modules that you are welcome to copy and modify as required.

Secondly, it is not possible to create a new module based on the FSX Default module. Somehow, you appear to trying to load a folder called '1FSX Default' which does not exist. You need to click on create your New module, chose the C-160, tick create from template and click create. This will create a new folder in /modules/linda/aircrafts/C-160 containing the files actions.lua, ident.lua, readme.txt and user.lua. You will need to place your functions in actions.lua and set the identification details in readme.txt. See other similar aircraft for examples of what is required.

Thirdly, for full debugging you need to edit FSUIPC4.ini and change entry LogOptionsProtect to No.

Finally, after Reload Lvars in Tracer do not click Start All. This will crash the system or bring it to a stand still. What I was suggesting is once you Reload the Lvars you will see a list of what the developer has given you visibility of. If there appears to be a comprehensive set with familiar names then you have the possibility of creating a LINDA module. If there are only a few listed then you are unlikely to be able to read and modify values for cockpit switches and displays. A word of caution. Not all developers use the same method to interface with their aircraft. Changing an Lvar may not have the desired/expected effect. You may find that some of the default aircraft functions (in lib-fallback.lua) or the use of FSX Controls or FSUIPC offsets may do what you want.

The whole exercise is a learning experience requiring lots of trial and error and frustration. I wish you luck. 

PS. I recommend you install LINDA 3.0.5 and FSUIPC4 4.472, the latest versions.

Edited by ScotFlieger
PS added

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew