Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

How to make dome light brighter

Cold and dark at night in this bird putting the dome light on it basically sheds no light ,so i have to set it to day time  to find my way around the cabin to get things going with start up . I looked around different sites but the explanations are not clear enough and i don't want to really make a mess in the conf file . Anybody know how to set the intensity fo the dome light so i can see inside the cockpit at night ?  Louis

Hi Louis,

Most night textures in the cockpit are just that - textures - no light is being emitted - you would probably need to manually edit all the night textures in an image editor to make things brighter...

I believe FSL came up with a way to overcome this limitation in a product called "Spotlight" or something like that... It allows you to "illuminate" the VC - I haven't tried it but you may want to take a gander if it's an issue...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Louis,

Here's a video demonstration of the product:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow pretty impressive.. I never seen of heart of this Scott .

1 hour ago, Louis8 said:

Wow pretty impressive.. I never seen of heart of this Scott .

Hello Louis .. I also found it impressive when looking for a way to make some of my cockpits a little brighter. The program works great and is highly customizable.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Hi Louis.

After turning on the electrical power if you look up at the LIGHTS panel, the central section for the cockpit has a PANEL rotary knob. If you left click once this gives 50% brightness in the cockpit. Left click twice and you will get 100% brightness in the cockpit display of the switches and knobs.. Right clicking will reduce the lighting.

With regard to the PFD and MFD brightness, if you pop up the PFD and select the MENU button it will open an insert panel. This will allow you to select an option for either AUTO or MANUAL illumination by left clicking the mouse.. If you select manual then you have the option to select the percentage of illumination you desire for the PFD and MFD by left clicking. Clicking the MENU button will hide the Insert panel.

I hope this helps.

Regards...Ken.