Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Any respite in sight for GTX cards ?

5 hours ago, okupton said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=nvidia+gtx+1070&N=-1&isNodeId=1

yea, I was just looking for a new card and was in shock when I saw the prices.  What the heck???

The cryptocurrency miners are the culprits:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-asks-video-card-retailers-to-give-gamers-priority-over-miners.html

I think I'm beginning to feel like I'm living in some kind of alternate universe.

Jeff

• Upvote 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

On 1/27/2018 at 5:23 AM, FS++ said:

People using graphics cards to mine Bitcoins. 

Wait for the Bitcoin crash and you'll pick them up for peanuts.

Unless of course bit coins continues to gain. The cards could actually be cheaper now than in 12 months

ZORAN

2 hours ago, zmak said:

Unless of course bit coins continues to gain. The cards could actually be cheaper now than in 12 months

Indeed... and I’m betting the Raiders win the Super Bowl next year!

Greg

• Upvote 1

I believe its not only the miners but memory shortage prices going crazy. its like the worse time to get anything for the p.c. its sad.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I think what ticks me off the most is the idea that I can't just buy a video card for an upgrade and instead have to buy a bunch of other stuff with it as for a whole build. Fortunately, I bought a 1080 Ti SC about three weeks ago for $710 from Newegg before I even heard about this stuff going on.  Should have bought 5 of them and made some money.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado