Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Breaking News: Bombardier wins trade case in the USA overturning 292% tariffs

Just saw Bombardier won its case. No news stories yet as it just happened but I am expecting stories very soon about what happened. They have won and looks like Delta will get it's order.

EDIT: From what I have the US International Trade Commission rejected the complaint from Boeing by 4 - 0. This was very unexpected.

Here is the first news story:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombardier-boeing-tariffs-1.4505114

• Upvote 3

Matthew Kane

Excellent news! To celebrate - which developer wants to model a C-Series?

• Upvote 2

Mario Di Lauro

Yes at the end of the day this is a very good airplane manufactured in three regions, Canada, UK and the USA. My good friends in Alabama will benefit from new jobs as well. Roll Tide :laugh:

Matthew Kane

Brilliant news! Hopefully this great aircraft might now realise its true potential.

Bill

• Upvote 1

And now Boeing gets less than nothing out of this failed trade war. Before Boeing's attempt to stop the CS, Bombardier didn't have Airbus as a rich partner. Now they do. 

• Upvote 4

And they also lost out on an F-18 Order, instead Canada is purchasing used Australian F-18 Fighter jets.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Not only 

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

And now Boeing gets less than nothing out of this failed trade war. Before Boeing's attempt to stop the CS, Bombardier didn't have Airbus as a rich partner. Now they do. 

Not only this - Boeing also lost Canada as a customer for its military aircraft i.e. the F/A-18 Super Hornet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/01/26/u-s-trade-panel-strikes-down-300-percent-tariffs-on-canadian-jets-dealing-a-blow-to-boeing/?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&utm_term=.4ab62df1e763

As for the F-18 that one is very unfortunate. I was of the view Canada should have scrapped its F-35 commitments and in much closer talks with Boeing on the F-18, I was also of the view Canada should have worked with Boeing on a licence to produce its own F-18's in Montreal. They have done this in the past with Lockheed by negotiating a licence to produce the F-104 in Canada. This does work very well and is a great partnership between nations, NATO and NORAD partners.

No Way in the World Boeing would ever consider anything like that, therefore right now Canada's best option is to continue with the F-35 as they do have Made in Canada agreements with that program as well.  Boeing needs to learn that aircraft are made globally.

Further reading about Canada's CF-104 that was made in Canada under licensing agreement:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CF-104_Starfighter

Matthew Kane

57 minutes ago, helberger said:

And they also lost out on an F-18 Order, instead Canada is purchasing used Australian F-18 Fighter jets.

While a new order would seem to be more profitable, in the long run they won't really lose at all since Boeing is the sole supplier for parts and heavy maintenance. 

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

The single engine f35 does not suit Canada's needs of operations over northern wilderness. ..we really need Rhinos.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Yes at the end of the day this is a very good airplane manufactured in three regions, Canada, UK and the USA. My good friends in Alabama will benefit from new jobs as well. Roll Tide :laugh:

As will my friends in Georgia. Go 'Dogs...........

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The timing couldn't have been better with what's going on in Davos right now.

Noel

• Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

This court decision highlights the "moronic", not to mention hypocritical, perspective of the current U.S. government's proposed protectionist trade policies. Boeing, one of the two largest aircraft manufacturers in the world, obviously should be able to compete with relatively tiny Bombardier without the assistance of the U.S. government.

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

David beat Goliath.

• Upvote 2

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

4 hours ago, helberger said:

David beat Goliath.

With help from their God, Airbus.