Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

Introducing iBlue Yonder

Those of you who only fly X-Plane may not have heard of this developer.  iBlue Yonder was founded by long-time FSX (and later P3D also) airport creator, Bill Womack.  Some of his earlier works are Dillingham and $100 Burger: Plum Island. Later he started developing airports for ORBX, some of which are Cushman Meadows, a fantasy airport he dreamed up and placed in Northwest Washington State; Stark's Twin Oaks, near Portland OR, and Siletz Bay on the Oregon Coast.

After leaving ORBX he started iBlue Yonder. I believe that his first commercial venture under that name was a revisit to Plum Island, which he enhanced and brought up to date. Additionally he added Minute Man Field and called the package $100 Dollar Burger: Plum Island and Minute Man. As a little bait to get you interested in his products, he offered The Heron's Nest, which is a little airport  on Outer Heron Island off the coast of Maine, absolutely free, and let me tell you, it is a little jewel!  It is another of Bill's fantasies.  The scenario is that you own this island and have cut out a rough dirt strip and placed a cabin on it with an adjoining hangar. On the water lever is a little hangar built on the water for housing yours or your friend's float plane. 

Bill's most recent work is an absolute masterpiece, in which he models the whole of Nantucket Island, including the airport, of course. If you purchase it before February 1st you can get it at a discount.

You say, "that's interesting, but what the heck does it have to do with X-Plane?" Well, let me tell you, my fellow aviators: all of those sceneries mentioned above that were developed under the umbrella of iBlue Yonder are now available for X-Plane 11!!

You have to see these creations to believe them. Go on over to Bill's website at iblueyonder.com and look at some screenshots that will reveal to you the incredible artistry that is the work of Bill Womack!

At the very least, pick up your free copy of The Heron's Nest, yours for merely signing up to receive Bill's newsletter.

Happy Flying, All

Cheers,

Tom

• Upvote 4

Yeah his sceneries are epic!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And currently Nantucket for P3D, if you have not bought it yet will give you the XP11 version for free (you have to buy from Bill though).  Unfortunately I bought my P3D version elsewhere so will have to buy again for XP11.  XP11 is rapidly becoming my sim of choice for GA flying and Bill's sceneries will fit the 'bill' nicely :biggrin:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

WHere do you see that deal?  I'm not seeing it on his site

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

52 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

WHere do you see that deal?  I'm not seeing it on his site

Ryan,

Product page reads:

"If you previously purchased Nantucket for FSX/P3D on this website, there’s no need to purchase again. The XP file has been added to your list of downloads in the “My Account” section. Please note that there will be no refunds for double purchases!"

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So if I buy xp I get P3D or only if I buy P3D I get xp version?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'm not sure. If you want it, order the p3d version and get the xp version for free. It's a very nice airport.

Does it work the other way round, if I buy the X-Plane version do I get the P3D version as well :-). If not, it seems a no-brainer to buy the P3D version instead

Thanks, guys! Regarding the cross-platform deal, it's for previous owners of the P3D version who might not otherwise be tempted to buy the X-Plane version. We wanted to tempt them over to see what they might be missing. To be honest, this whole cross-platform thing is getting pretty tangled and difficult to maintain though, so if you've already got the P3D version of Nantucket, go for it. For everyone else, we'll think of some way to reward loyal customers but it might not be with free cross-grades. I never anticipated all the wrinkles and permutations of deals like this.

thanks,
Bill

• Upvote 2

Ahhh so it was for previous P3D owners

still it's on sale for 20 bucks till Feb for xp

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

17 minutes ago, Bill Womack said:

Thanks, guys! Regarding the cross-platform deal, it's for previous owners of the P3D version who might not otherwise be tempted to buy the X-Plane version. We wanted to tempt them over to see what they might be missing. To be honest, this whole cross-platform thing is getting pretty tangled and difficult to maintain though, so if you've already got the P3D version of Nantucket, go for it. For everyone else, we'll think of some way to reward loyal customers but it might not be with free cross-grades. I never anticipated all the wrinkles and permutations of deals like this.

thanks,
Bill

Bill,

Thank you for the generosity. I'm glad that I bought both add-ons (Plum & Nantucket) for P3D and got both versions for XP 11 free.

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ahhh so it was for previous P3D owners

still it's on sale for 20 bucks till Feb for xp

Yes, but you need to buy from Bill to get the free XP version.  I bought my Nantucket for P3D elsewhere, but I bought it again for XP11 today.  As of today, my purchase days for P3D GA planes /scenery are over.  We lost RealAir, A2A keeps doing planes that are not my taste.  I just flew my Arrows yesterday over Ortho4XP and Bill's stuffs, shear joy, no micro stutters and it just feel right.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020