Sign in to follow this  
tecto

ActiveSky P3D v4 - what settings for P3D v4.1 and PMDG?

Pilots, I've just bought ActiveSky for Prepar 3D v4. Are there any non-default options worth to set?
There are a lot of settings here and I'm wondering whether I should leave them by default?

I fly mostly on PMDG 737, 747 and 777.

Do weather radar on my PFD will work correctly by default?

Don't you need ASP4 for Prepar3D v 4.1

bob

I found 200 upper visibility and around 170 cloud draw distance makes it nice on a clear day you will say clouds all around you and all the way to the horizon 

Roi Ben

11 minutes ago, onebob said:

Don't you need ASP4 for Prepar3D v 4.1

bob

What do you mean?

AS2016 is compatible through PD3 v3.4. For PD3 v4 and above you need ASP4, they are two different products. But their site says a license for ASP4 is included in AS2016.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hmm... I have two files: 

1. ActiveSky2016_P3D_Install.exe
2. AS_P3Dv4_Install.exe

I understand that this ASP4 acronym, which you mentioned is the second one?

I would suggest setting your max cloud distance to 90 miles. And using the Realism option.

1 minute ago, tecto said:

Hmm... I have two files: 

1. ActiveSky2016_P3D_Install.exe
2. AS_P3Dv4_Install.exe

I understand that this ASP4, which you mention is the second one?

ASP4 is only used for P3Dv4.x 

ActiveSky 2016 is used for P3Dv3.x

So summarizing the ASP4 acronym, which you used is simply the Active Sky for Prepar 3D v4 right?

Ok, thanks for confirmation.
I was a little bit confused whether I bought the correct version but now I see that I used an incorrect application name (ActiveSky 2016 instead of ActiveSky for Prepar 3D v4) in my topic's title - I corrected that.

Do I need to turn on anything in the options to see the weather radar in my PMDG birds? 

Just the WXR on the MCP to show the weather on the ND and under the radios is the controls for the weather radar. You want to put it on WX+T.

Ok I turned on WXR button on EFIS panel under VOR/ADF  and this WX+T on the radio panel. However radar doesn't work. 
What I'm doing wrong? What ND means?

I disable in-flight text messages, except for flight plan reminder.   All the other defaults work well for me.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)