Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Can P3D4.1 connect to Skydemon ?

I have P3Dv4.1 on my computer with two monitors.  I would like if possible to have Skydemon on the second monitor and have it show the position of my P3D aircraft on the Skydemon PC display.  Has anyone managed to do this and can give me an simple guide how to set it up, I do have the paid version of FSUIPC with GPSout if that helps.

I have read older posts on Google on this subject but most seem to want to connect a Tablet version of Skydemon to FSX or X Plane, is there a simple way to connect P3Dv4 to Skydemon  on the same computer.

Glen

Glen

Hi,

OpusFSI provides an interfeace to Skydemon. I use neither of them myself but it's stated on the OpusFSI Website.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

• From Prepar3D, you have to install a plug-in that will sent GPS data. You can use the payware FSxFlight (.exe launch outside P3D) or the free Flight1 Plug-in.
  • From Skydemon (PC Version), choose menu "Go Flying", then "Connect to X-Plane"

FSxFlight : http://www.fsxflight.com/

Flight1 Plug-in : http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/SimulationUtilities/ForeFlightPlug-in.aspx

PS : it's the first time I read somehow wanted to connect Skydemon PC with P3D ;) Connecting the tablet (iOS/Android) is so much valuable to train before seating in a plane ! ;)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Michael, thanks for pointing out OpusFSI, its an option.

Vincent, thanks for your comments, this option sounds good to me, I'll try the free Flight1 plugin first and see how it goes.

Glen

Have tried adding the Flight1 plugin to P3DV4.1, now the sim crashes on every startup, wont go beyond the initial Splash screen.  I've tried removing the plugin but P3D still wont start - why can't I just leave things alone  :angry:

Glen

Dear Glen,

i tried connecting my IPAD (Garmin Pilot) with P3D v4.1. It is working quite well

and uses the following tool which has been originally designed for the the connection of

Skydemon with FSX. It is called FSX2SkyDemon. I do not know if it will work on the same pc? 

Maybe you should give it a try. The installation of the tool is self-explanatory and there is a manual available. Good Luck

1 hour ago, EDHE27 said:

Dear Glen,

i tried connecting my IPAD (Garmin Pilot) with P3D v4.1. It is working quite well

and uses the following tool which has been originally designed for the the connection of

Skydemon with FSX. It is called FSX2SkyDemon. I do not know if it will work on the same pc? 

Maybe you should give it a try. The installation of the tool is self-explanatory and there is a manual available. Good Luck

Hi...

You have the Garmin Pilot working with P3D ? This I have to try...

Where do you get "FSX2SkyDemon" ?

Thanks for the heads up...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

You have the Garmin Pilot working with P3D ? This I have to try...

Where do you get "FSX2SkyDemon" ?

Thanks for the heads up...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

you are welcome. i  have this version here 1.2.1.5

fsx2skydemon

The corresponding forum thread: http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic8081-7.aspx

In garmin pilot you have to use the x-plane simulator mode.

In fsx2skydemon you have to insert the ip (outaddr) of your ipad (shown in garmin pilot sim mode) and the

localport 49002. Update threshold 0. Choose an update rate. I am using values between 500 and 100 ms.

Works fine. If you are facing any issues, just try higher update rates.

Please consider that after each time you have changed the ip or something else, you have to restart the tool.

Thereafter connect with garmin pilot again. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

regards,

EDHE

THIS TOOL is great and for free :-)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, EDHE27 said:

Hi

Hi...

Much obliged - thanks for taking the time to write this up - yeah been wanting to use my Garmin Pilot software for a while - this will help keep me proficient...

I won't be able to test until this weekend but it sounds promising...

Really - thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Much obliged - thanks for taking the time to write this up - yeah been wanting to use my Garmin Pilot software for a while - this will help keep me proficient...

I won't be able to test until this weekend but it sounds promising...

Really - thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott. Very much appreciated. I am also using this to keep me proficent

during winter time and very bad weather phases when there are only a few flights possible.

Especially for IFR training.

Enjoy the new P3D addon ;-)

• Upvote 1

EDHE27

Are you using FSX2Skydemon with P3DV4.

After installing this program P3DV4 crashes at the initial Splash screen, I've uninstalled FSX2Skydemon but P3D still crashes so it seems to have messed a file somewhere.

Glen

14 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

EDHE27

Are you using FSX2Skydemon with P3DV4.

After installing this program P3DV4 crashes at the initial Splash screen, I've uninstalled FSX2Skydemon but P3D still crashes so it seems to have messed a file somewhere.

Hi. Yes I am using fsx2skydemon with P3D v4.1 without any issues. Can you figure out which process is responsible for  the crash? Maybe by analyzing the windows error logging. I think that this small tool does not change anything in your P3D installation. 

That's strange, I installed FSX2Skydemon and the very next time I started P3Dv4 it failed to load passed the initial splash screen.  I tried a P3D repair and reinstalled P3D Client and Content but it still crashed, so I ended up doing a full reinstall which took a long time.  After reinstalling all my Orbx scenery and 3rd party aircraft, all was well.

As I plan to get the pay version of Skydemon I'm desperate to view the aircraft position on the Skydemon PC app or IPad so stupidly I tried installing FSX2Skydemon again thinking the first failure was a glitch, no it failed again - so another full P3Dv4.1 reinstall.

During the install was there an option to add FSX2Skydemon to P3Dv4 as I only found P3Dv3 but pointed this to my P3Dv4 folder ?

Glen

23 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

That's strange, I installed FSX2Skydemon and the very next time I started P3Dv4 it failed to load passed the initial splash screen.  I tried a P3D repair and reinstalled P3D Client and Content but it still crashed, so I ended up doing a full reinstall which took a long time.  After reinstalling all my Orbx scenery and 3rd party aircraft, all was well.

As I plan to get the pay version of Skydemon I'm desperate to view the aircraft position on the Skydemon PC app or IPad so stupidly I tried installing FSX2Skydemon again thinking the first failure was a glitch, no it failed again - so another full P3Dv4.1 reinstall.

During the install was there an option to add FSX2Skydemon to P3Dv4 as I only found P3Dv3 but pointed this to my P3Dv4 folder ?

I am sorry, I do not remember it exactly, but i am quite sure that there wasn‘t any P3D v4 installer/pointer, because it seems to be an older software. Originally intended for the use with FSX. I can check the installation path tomorrow. Did you find out which process/file is responsible for the crash? 

No, I had other non flight sim related problems so reinstalled Windows 10.

After two major CTD's with P3D I don't think I'll try it again, glad it worked for you though.  I'll see if someone brings out a 64 bit P3Dv4 version before retrying.

Glen