Sign in to follow this  
A320cockpit

VOXATC running over network

Hi, 

has anyone got Voxatc 7.41 running over network?

I tried that but with no success. All status-bars were green and the files have been sent to the server computer when i ran it the first time.

When i have clicked the "enable" button inside the Voxpanel, nothing happend. And when i have clicked the "disable" button, the Voxserver crashed.

The windows eventlog shows a side by side error id 33 in the .net environment.

I tried that on different pc´s. The behaviour is similar at all. On one pc the voxserver crashed a few seconds after pressing the enable button with the same entry in the eventlog. For me it seems to be a general problem with the software. I tried to get support by Voxatc, but  i got no answer.

Has anyone got Voxatc running over a network or can someone try this. This will take 10 minutes and can be done also on one pc.

Jürgen

Hello Jurgen,

I'm also trying to get Voxatc to work over my network. I have managed to have my two computers successfully communicate to transfer the indexer files and flight plans. However when I go to start the net client I get the error 'Problem when setting up port number for server'. I have enabled the logging and exported the error log. The log states 'There are multiple root elements. Line 17, position 2.'. I have tried to find a network config file with no luck. I have searched the 'internal workings' folder in AppData/Roaming and my root installation of Voxatc.

I fairly close to getting it to work, it I can solve the port number issue.

Cheers,

James Baxter.

Hi James,

I got it to run. The problem was my simconnect configuration. You can check the simconnect.cfg on the server and the simconnect.ini on the client. Both files are containing the port number. Make sure to have the same port number in both files.

as said, i got it to work but have still problems with the transmitted indexer files. They seem to be different from the source.

Good luck!

Jürgen

Hi,

just in case anybody else experiences a bit of frustration with the initial setup. You have to install the latest SimConnect version that comes with P3D V4.2 that is part of the P3D SDK and can be found via SDK Link on both, the P3D machine and the client that is supposed to run as VoxATC Network server.

Also, it involves a bit of manual work. A tutorial can be found HERE

It would really be great if that was mentioned in the VoxATC manual in the network config chapter.

Also not mentioned: Use the VoxATC Settings Dialog on the P3D machine, not the remote server.

Best regards,
Dom

Edited by pddog58
Links corrected