Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

FSLabs, Flightfactor et al .. 'We are closing in on PMDG bois, we show u da weiiiii...'

PMDG... ' Hold my goddam beer...'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Curious to know more about the NG3.Is it an improved B737-600/700/800/900 or is it the B737MAX?

Anyone knows? PMDG?

• Upvote 2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

11 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Curious to know more about the NG3.Is it an improved B737-600/700/800/900 or is it the B737MAX?

Anyone knows? PMDG?

Well, since it has "NG" in its name, why should it be the MAX? I'm expecting a re-worked 737NG series, with all new options such as the CFM56-7BE engines, with the improved exhaust structure, new beacon lights, modern radio and navigation equipment (GLS capable), LED lights, the latest U12 FMS software etc. and so on. 737MAX was hinted at as well and might either be a stand-alone product or expansion to the NG3. Great stuff ahead for sure. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

"Wow" is all I can say. But I'll say it again - "Wow".

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

Looks great! Can @rsrandazzo or any other suitable privileged person confirm if the moving map is just based on AFCAD data? I'm hoping it will be, as I never bother buying any sceneries so my airport layouts are getting a bit behind! :laugh:

Looks like this'll be a day-one purchase for me!

Oh bummer... I think I just peed a little in my pants!!! :-)

• Upvote 1

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but I have the impression that beta testing this time will be shorter than it was for the -400. Is that correct? 

Wonderful news. RZR's update makes it sound like development has been more straightforwards than past products which is great. Can't wait to fly the 747-8!

One question about the charts; will we be able to add PDF files to the EFB charts system? I don't have a Navigraph nor Aerosoft charts subscription (nor do I particularly desire one), but most Civil Aviation Authorities have publicly available AIP charts. Will it be possible to add these individually to the EFB charts system? One of the joys of flightsimming is trying to decipher all of these with all the different formats. :biggrin:

57 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Beautiful aircraft, but why would PMDG wanna put so much effort and resources into an aircraft that is a complete and utter failure in the airline industry, and will eventually be phased out.

If I were PMDG I would of done another aircraft, maybe a Bombardier C-Series or something.

-Mitch 

I too would kill for a (virtual) CSeries.

• Upvote 1

PMDG 777 Pilot

Alister Price

1 hour ago, Mitch24 said:

Beautiful aircraft, but why would PMDG wanna put so much effort and resources into an aircraft that is a complete and utter failure in the airline industry, and will eventually be phased out.

If I were PMDG I would of done another aircraft, maybe a Bombardier C-Series or something.

-Mitch 

Not necessarily a failure within the cargo industry. I agree with the CSeries though, would be awesome!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

*Mind Blown*

This is incredible stuff.  As someone who started on a Commodore 64 w/ Bruce Artwick's Flight Simulator II in 1984, this is in many respects literally history making.

Good job PMDG team, keep up the excellent work!

Mark Trainer

After months (yes months!) of digging into the 747-400 for an official review, I'm looking forward to digging into the -8. I'm not sure many people know how special the 747-400 really is and I can only imagine how much better the -8 will be.

I'm also VERY happy to hear about the NG3.

• Upvote 1

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Are there going to be any future announcements on product development for XPlane?   

Thank you 

• Upvote 1

John C

That NG3 word makes me really happy. 

As for the -8F... Gimme gimme!

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

NG3 :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip