Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

You should provide us a automated external defibrillator in the cockpit for those who have waited since 10 years or more for features, love to the details and skilled development that you provide(d) us! :)

Thanks PMDG! Your entier team is just incredible good! :)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Awesome, it makes no sense to fly anything else. PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!! take my money now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cubby said:

Bummer, still no shared cockpit.

Wait for what PMDG still has in the pipeline. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the things coming as well some times as they are showing us two different pages of the EFB... 
Would be nice but the features already shown and announced are awesome!

Lets wait for the other huge project - hopefully finally a PMDG 787 <3

• Like 1

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

but product development hit some snags and is still in holding since we moved development resources over to a major (massive… YUGE, even!) project that we haven’t announced yet-

uuuuuuuuuuh!:blink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

NG3!!!!!!!!!!!!

man that is all I care about.

i am so happ right now!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I would like to take this time to point out a pretty serious oversight in the development of your last few products.  I think I have found a 'bug' with the NGX and 777 that I purchased. I'm guessing this is also present in the current 744.  :biggrin:

Please take this time to correct it in the 748.:laugh:

Allow me to explain.  Every serious pilot or simmer knows the extreme importance of the 'cabin attendant call', 'no smoking', or whatever you want to call them.  Let's just call them the 'ding-dong' buttons.  I believe Boeing expressly states that these buttons must be hit after every press of any other button on the flight deck.  I also believe the FAA  has issued an AD specifically requiring the volume be the same or higher as any other aural alert of warning.  :ohmy:

Now, I know what you're going to say.  "You can't hear them while on the flight deck...", or "...you can barley hear it."...bla bla bla.  That's no excuse.  Those sounds MUST be loud!:gaul:

If you would be so inclined to, at the very least, have on option to turn this sound way way way up in the 748, I think that would go a long way in the community.

Anyways, Just wanted to bump this up to the very top of the dev teams priorities after seeing the incredible amount of detail and functionality already present in your products.

Ok, seriously. This looks awesome.  Just when you thought it couldn't get any better.  I just got back in to simming a few weeks ago after a 10+ year break.  The NGX and 777 are magnificent!!  Can't wait to get my hands on my favorite aircraft.  Got all my settings and tweaks where I think I like them after several weeks.

Once again I think I'll have several more thousand hours in PMDG aircraft coming up. Looking forward to my first ETOPS flight back in the seat on the 777.  I've got all the numbers in TOPCAT-PFPX lined up great with the 737 and 777.

Hats off guys...can't wait for that new sound file...hehe.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

23 minutes ago, deltamike172 said:

I would love to see them do a C-Series, also, and I had thrown that into a forum post a few months ago... just days before Airbus announced they were buying them out.  And it seems like a stretch to expect a company that has close licensing ties to Boeing to turn and build an airplane that is politically so tumultuous at this point.  

RSR already stated he’d love to do one, I’d imagine if they could get the data for it then it being a political hotspot wouldn’t really matter all that much.

• Upvote 1

Gents,

Am I the only one beginning to think I should one day title an announcement thread:  "Thread in which to complain if PMDG doesn't do precisely what YOU think we should do even with no knowledge of the business process."

I wonder where all you experts are when we are around the table making decisions, cuz you guys sure seem to think you know what we should do.  :blink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

where all you experts are when we are around the table making decisions

haahaa ... well said Robert ! I enjoy reading your posts when i have the time for reading something other than the bloody AMM docs :))) haahaaa ... again ... well said ! +1:laugh:

5 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I wonder where all you experts are when we are around the table making decisions, cuz you guys sure seem to think you know what we should do.  :blink:

Not at the table in the first place, they’re banging on the door trying to get into the board room:laugh:

• Upvote 2

Well said Robert.

One thing I learned about airline pilots seems to carry over to sim enthusiasts.

Being part of a pilot group during a rather lengthy contract negotiation, it seemed there was an impasse.  Nothing would make the pilots happy.  I was sure that the company could come to the pilot group and say, “Ok, we give up... We’re going to give you everything you want, 100 hour pay guarantee at 12 year Captain rate, 20% pay increase, 8 hour max duty day, $10 hour per-diem rate, overtime sick pay, and you only have to work one day a week!”

To which the pilot group responds.... “Well, it better not be Saturday.  I refuse to fly on Saturday! 

• Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

Oh my. So many interesting news!

• Upvote 1

Beautiful, going g to be such a joy taking her around Southeast Asia in KAL colors. This and the in development RKSI from Pacsim will be great combo for what 8 want her for. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Absolutely outstanding work PMDG. Every time I think you guys have maxed out all the possibilities you come up with even better simulations. I cannot thank everyone at PMDG enough for all their hard work!

• Upvote 2

A very nice move forward for PMDG Robert.  Very nice indeed.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.