Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

I will be sorry to retire my NGX, she has served well for many years now; i still remember the release 'party' here on AVSim, it's still the only Aircraft i have ever stayed up late to see released. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Great news!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

19 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I will be sorry to retire my NGX, she has served well for many years now; i still remember the release 'party' here on AVSim, it's still the only Aircraft i have ever stayed up late to see released. 

Yeah, the NGX is probably the most flown aircraft ever in a flightsim. It must go into the Flightsim's HALL OF FAME I also believe that PMDG has earned a little fortune on the NGX which is very well deserved. 

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Dear PMDG,

AS I have a PMDG B737NGX homecockpit and sure will update it to the NG3 I am wondwering on how I can implement the new RAINMAKER feature.

As I use the outside view in my cockpit( that is outside the window) and not the 3D Cockpit view, how can I have the window raineffect?

Will you release a sprinkler system that spash out water from top of my Homecockpit?

• Upvote 2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

36 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I remember that night. People were posting comments at such a high rate that that a post would be on page 2 right after you read it. So much anticipation for he 737. Still my most flown aircraft as well as well as my favorite. Look forward to it finally getting precipitation effects.

Sean Campbell 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

25 minutes ago, roarkr said:

It must go into the Flightsim's HALL OF FAME

It already is, when it first came out it was nothing short of revolutionary, so many firsts on that aircraft and at the risk of courting controversy; i would say that nothing since then (even PMDGs own releases) have come close to matching the anticipation of the NGX.

13 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I remember that night. People were posting comments at such a high rate that that a post would be on page 2 right after you read it. 

They were late too release as well, i stayed up ready to purchase but had a meeting the next day, i think i eventually got to bed around 4am UK time.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

I am in process of building my P3DV4 and the only PMDG airliner I am going to repurchase is the NGX. I still have all the others on FSX Steam when I decide to use them. I get more satisfaction from shorter flights in real time then long haul with two hours on time compress.  Besides, the 3 in NG3 probably means three more years from now.

Vic green

10 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

I get more satisfaction from shorter flights in real time then long haul with two hours on time compress.

Nothing stopping you from flying a 747 on a shorter flight, really. I do it all the time.

11 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Besides, the 3 in NG3 probably means three more years from now.

I assumed the 3 meant the third version, since there was the original for FS9 and the NGX, which would be version 2.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

16 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

I am in process of building my P3DV4 and the only PMDG airliner I am going to repurchase is the NGX. I still have all the others on FSX Steam when I decide to use them. I get more satisfaction from shorter flights in real time then long haul with two hours on time compress.  Besides, the 3 in NG3 probably means three more years from now.

There are United 777 routes that are pretty short. And Emirates. Or if you like cargo I can name many routes from FedEx, Aerologic, Emirates Cargo, and others that are not very long either

Aerologic fly my favorite route EDDP-EGNX-EDDP (BOX110/111) they also fly to EGNX from EDDF and EDDP-EBBR and many others! Bangkok to Singapore and Singapore to Bangalore... ETC ETC - David Lee

Absolutely incredible from PMDG again. Really can't wait. A massive thank you for the time and effort you put into your products! Looking forward to the release and learning all of this.

Yes, I know about the short flights for the 777 and 747 but to me that's not using the aircraft to its potential. Like I said I still have them on FSX when I want to use them. Only so much money for hobbies.

Vic green

Can't wait either. Among many reasons why PMDG customers are so loyal, here is one : the communication of the crew to their customer. Thank you again.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

So there are no plans right now making the 737 MAX? Its going to be a reworked NGX? :smile:

Patrick Helzer

Outstanding preview and highlighted features. (although I checked at LSZH nearby and couldnt see any PMDG 748 testing going on :biggrin: ) 

Pushing the envelope of the sims really makes this an incredible hobby to be a part of and PMDG to be one of the great leaders to set the bar over and over. 

Oh and nothing like adding a little suspense to NG3. 

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png