Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

These previews look AMAZING! Can't wait for all these updates :D, but correct me if i'm wrong, the EFB and the moving maps features will only come to P3D v4 ? not v3 and FSX? 

45 minutes ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

These previews look AMAZING! Can't wait for all these updates :D, but correct me if i'm wrong, the EFB and the moving maps features will only come to P3D v4 ? not v3 and FSX? 

Would also be interested to know that. I would think, that in fear of performance issues and OOM, that they would be P3Dv4 exclusive features - along with RainMaker... but I haven't found any definitive answers - yet... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

while I absolutely appreciate the 748 addition and it will definitely be an immediate purchase for me, in my opinion there are too many wide bodies or rather long haulers on the market at present.. PMDG with the 777 and two 747s soon, QW with the 787, CS with the "757", at least they try to... even with the 737 and A320 you can fly long range routes but hardly serve airports like what ORBX loves to release for several months now.. Half moon bay.. monterey... and so on. We REALLY do need a commuter. The Q400 is almost too big for small airports. It's a pity that the JS41 seems to be degraded and appears to be nothing but a necessary evil to PMDG. First the FMC was ditched, then it lost its priority after it actually has already been announced "to land on our desks in very short order" or something, just like the 748 now... Come on PMDG, this airplane deserves to be taken serious. Even if it has no EFB and moving maps.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

For those wondering about EFB-based Nav-Charts in other products and from other providers:  Long term, this capability will wind up in any PMDG airplane that gets the EFB, and we **are** planning to offer a similar style solution to users of Aerosoft’s charting solutions- but we do not expect to begin working on that integration until after the 747-8 has been released… so it will come some time later an update.  We recognize that some users do not want to have a subscription to a navigation charting service, but we do not anticipate creating any “Free” options that are compatible with our EFB- primarily for the same reason we have held off on the EFB creation this long:  There aren’t any good unified sources of that data that we feel can be relied upon to justify the work investment required…

Hi,

Amazing work from PMDG, thank you!!

Just my own idea (ignore it if it is not helpful) : Rather than using Navigraph Subscription charting service, why don't you guys just create a folder name "Charts" then the user just have to prepare their departure and destination airports (or emergency airports as well) PDF Charts and put them into that folder, the mission of the EFB is just to display them on the screen? then it can be called a "FREE" option for those who don't want to pay for the subscription. 

17 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

For those wondering about ND airport mapping on the ND in other products:  The ground mapping capability will appear in the NG3.0 as well, since that airplane uses the same technology by default. 

Interesting. MAX confirmed?

• Upvote 1

Mauricio Brentano

This will be a day one purchase!

PMDG is second to none! I have fallen in love with the DC6. Bought it for the novelty, stayed for the realism! watching all my temperatures and managing the engines keeps my OCD happy. Thank you for this underrated BEAUTY.

Dan Rosso

ATP single and multi  B767 B757 BAE-ATP DA50 DA20 CE650XL CE525S  C-650

Flight Instructor single, Multi, Instrument

Ground Instructor Basic Advanced

• Upvote 1

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

Wow, this is crazy, thanks for the update, you guys are unreal. 

The bar has been raised yet again.

Just when you think it doesn't get any better than this these guys come and blow everything out of the water, unbelievable!!!

• Upvote 1

Interesting. MAX confirmed?

I personally think that the "NG3" will be the 737 MAX. After all, it is a next generation 737.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@rsrandazzo

Thank You very much for sharing all those details. I'd also like to know, if the moving map is based of AFCAD-Files or do you have to create such a map for each airport?

I'm also curious, if it will be possible to check the ATIS via the ACARS and if it's possible to simulate a GLS Approach.

Phil Tereny

19 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

RainMaker will be ported into the 777

Will I have to wait for the release of the PMDG 747-8i with the RainMaker or there is a chance to see that on the 747-400 or 777 before the release of the 747-8i ???

3 hours ago, fleendo said:

So there are no plans right now making the 737 MAX? Its going to be a reworked NGX? :smile:

We know it’ll be a reworked NG for sure, but RSR’s hints point heavily to a Max being included.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, medic89 said:

and if it's possible to simulate a GLS Approach.

It's a basic function of the 748 and in another threat Robert (or Kyle? dont know anymore, but definitely someone from PMDG) has confirmed this...

Have you found a solution for the Taxi-Cam performance issue in the 777 in the meantime while you were able to create such brilliant tools like the Moving Map etc. ?
And: Does the -8 has a taxi cam? :blink:

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

2 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

Have you found a solution for the Taxi-Cam performance issue in the 777 in the meantime while you were able to create such brilliant tools like the Moving Map etc. ?

lol..

I forbore asking it...