Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

On 1/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, HAmmer32261 said:

Are there going to be any future announcements on product development for XPlane?   

Thank you 

*sigh* no one knows yet, except PMDG. There’s a pinned thread here with information on it, and a statement from RSR himself. Should be of some interest.

• Upvote 3

This is absolutely fantastic news. It's two companies coming together to bring a level of realism to flightsim that previously was not thought possible. Thanks folks. 😎🍻✈

• Upvote 2

How he wanted to fly him this weekend !! :biggrin:  Lets wait anxiously.. 

• Upvote 1

📺 SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL 📺

📸 FOLLOW OUR INSTAGRAM. 📸

I7 5960x @4.3ghz // Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1  //  Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum 16gb 3000mhz 4 X 4gb  //  EVGA GTX980ti  //  Raid0 = 2xSSD 1tb Samsung + SSD 500gb Samsung  //  ASUS Gaming Monitor PG278Q 27"  //  Corsair 900d Full Tower  //  Full watercooler XSPC cpu e vga block.

Can't wait to add her to the hanger, already cleaned out a spot. Had to move the MD-11 out back (my fav), in order to make room *sigh*. Dunno how much longer my credit cards can hang on, the suspense is killing them. And I must say the realism being put forth by you guys, is simply amazing. Ok enough talk, the 8i isn't going to release herself...back to work!

• Upvote 1

How will they map function on the nd work? Because if it is based on afcad then a wrong afcad could cause trouble when using that system. I would like some clarification on the system.

Will those windshield rain effects also eventually make it to the DC-6 at some point down the line? Would really add to the immersion as the DC-6 is usually flying well below the tropopause. :cool:

2 hours ago, ph-cxz said:

How will they map function on the nd work? Because if it is based on afcad then a wrong afcad could cause trouble when using that system. I would like some clarification on the system.

To be fair, a wrong afcad could cause a lot of issues, not just limited to the map. I’m sure they’ve thought of that, it probably, I don’t know this for certain, reads the afcad data from the sim. Either that or uses a database of airport layouts from Navigraph. Not too sure.

• Upvote 2

They're pretty clever. I'm sure they're all over it.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

5 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

To be fair, a wrong afcad could cause a lot of issues, not just limited to the map. I’m sure they’ve thought of that, it probably, I don’t know this for certain, reads the afcad data from the sim. Either that or uses a database of airport layouts from Navigraph. Not too sure.

I'm fairly confident, that it'll read the AFCAD from the sim. Just like AivlaSoft EFB does. It would also make most sense, since that wouldn't result in conflict or discrepencies between outdated scenery and airport layout from the Navigraph database. It would make most sense, if it 'just' displays what the sim knows.

Indeed yes, it would create issues, if you have a wrong or corrupted AFCAD (or multiple AFCADs active) - but then again, in that case the Taxi overlay system would be the least of your worries...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

@rsrandazzo : do you guys develop a moving map of the actual position of the plane in the EFB ?

If yes, that would be great !! 

Thanks

Will the new rain effects make it to the md11...?

Lol

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Will the news rain effects make it to the md11...?

Lol

LOL!

Is this the part of the thread, where we ask ridiculous questions?! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 1/29/2018 at 6:30 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Regarding a free chart option:
Make sure to actually read the announcement

Hello and Good evening .
I know that it has already been announced . I have read. yet to give a criticism i hope you can feel me as a customer . its not to offend nor to be disrespectful to your policies or decisions , just a point of view from a user . lets say I'm a noob one . reading the answers of a known and already asked question is one thing , but asking another new question regarding the previous answers is totally another thing . people like me , are not basically asking you to make a Freeway to use EFB charts freely with PDF or anything , but they are also asking why PMDG is forcing people to use navigraph or go to hell and forget about the Charts options ? are you guys responsible if someone decides to play on a scenery which is 10 years old and uses a 10 years old PDF charts for that airport even if he enjoys the flying this way or you dont like to let him enjoy the flying the way navigraph is not payed ? are you afraid that he is going to kill people in the sim or are you responsible for that or maybe it's the person's responsibility and decision to fly in a dated sim scenery ? . please . we are old and grown enough to understand that if PMDG wants to co-operate with Navigraph in a business manner , hold to that and enjoy or forget to pay and forget the charts !!! ....  BTW when i say "you" I don't mean you as a person , I meant the PMDG the whole time ! . i am not complaining nor offending . as the rules said by Robert him self , if you want to give a criticism , give it in a respectful way . so please . do not be offended by this comment . all I am saying is that tell it in a straight way . yes we or at least I can understand how the business works and sometimes it just works out this way. OK . but a good business man convinces his customers not with repeating the same answers to all the questions nor he doesn't answer the questions with providing people an answer which is worth of another questions ! Total respects to the Best Company , PMDG and all the lovely people in the Team including you yourself dear Kyle !

Again thanks for the hard job . hopefully we get to enjoy the lovely 748 soon together and drink the blue of skies since for me , the true wine has always been blue as the air in skies <3 .

Love from the Heart 

Sincerely.

Saman Mahdi Abadi