Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

5 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL!

Is this the part of the thread, where we ask ridiculous questions?! :biggrin:

Its just the time on the weekend, people get boring of the -400 and freak'in wait for the -8 + its features :D

• Upvote 2

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

2 hours ago, Samany69 said:

people like me , are not basically asking you to make a Freeway to use EFB charts freely with PDF or anything , but they are also asking why PMDG is forcing people to use navigraph or go to hell and forget about the Charts options ?

From the very first post:

On 1/27/2018 at 4:50 PM, rsrandazzo said:

For those wondering about the EFB in other products:  The EFB is highly customized to each airframe and requires a huge amount of data input.  We anticipate that it will eventually appear in the 747-400, the 777 and the NG3, but it will not happen quickly as the amount of data required for these computations takes a HUGE amount of time to collect and make digestible for the process.  It is unlikely we will make it available in NGX, since that product will be updated to NG3.

And....

On 1/27/2018 at 4:50 PM, rsrandazzo said:

For those wondering about EFB-based Nav-Charts in other products and from other providers:  Long term, this capability will wind up in any PMDG airplane that gets the EFB, and we **are** planning to offer a similar style solution to users of Aerosoft’s charting solutions- but we do not expect to begin working on that integration until after the 747-8 has been released… so it will come some time later an update.  We recognize that some users do not want to have a subscription to a navigation charting service, but we do not anticipate creating any “Free” options that are compatible with our EFB- primarily for the same reason we have held off on the EFB creation this long:  There aren’t any good unified sources of that data that we feel can be relied upon to justify the work investment required…

So it sounds like there's no simple alternative to making a free solution available to the quality that they would like. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to make any of this work, so it isn't as simple as people seem to make it out to be.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

There's a lot of work that needs to be done to make any of this work, so it isn't as simple as people seem to make it out to be

yes , and yet none of this comes to answer the question ! cuz the simplicity of the job is not the matter , and yes i know its a hard job , yet all they say as you also mentioned , is that they don't want us to be able to read local pdf files ... 

Saman Mahdi Abadi

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

yes , and yet none of this comes to answer the question ! cuz the simplicity of the job is not the matter , and yes i know its a hard job , yet all they say as you also mentioned , is that they don't want us to be able to read local pdf files ... 

That really isn't it. PDFs are very heavy files. Guess who would get blamed if we let people stuff heavy files in the sim and your framerate dropped so low that FSX became FS Slideshow? The same person who gets blamed when the sim runs out of memory, even though the person has stuffed literally every scenery add-on possible into the sim, while using SuperHDmaxxxPro+ textures. Fair? Not really...but it's reality.

So...criticize all you'd like, but it really isn't the simplicity of the job, as you note yourself. It's the simplicity of the job, all while ensuring the charting solution provided is up to par with what we want to provide you as a customer, and can stand behind.

This really isn't a conspiracy. Much like the weather radar issue with HiFi products, there really isn't a good way to offer a free solution. If there were, we would've done it already. If you'd prefer to wear a tin foil hat, however, I'm not gonna stop you.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you'd prefer to wear a tin foil hat, however, I'm not gonna stop you.

well...  i think you missed my first post before and so my point . but hey , its not that hard to give people the key of the door they want but also warn them of whats inside ! like telling them that if you wish to run charts from pdf , you might experience significant drops of frames.... yet i hope that you got my point . my whole point was not about the feature its self ! my whole point was the way pmdg answers to different questions about one matter ! ....  so ... I've just said it before and I'll say it again, pleaaaaase do not feel or take my comments as any kind of offend ! since i cant send my voice so you wont know how serious or friendly i am when talking about this kinda things just because its a damn dry text , and just because its a logical matter , every one reading this might think i'm yelling the hell outta my mouth but hell no I'm not !  again ... wish us all in the flight deck of the new queen together .

Many Thanks dear Kyle for reading and replying.

Sincerely.

Saman Mahdi Abadi

13 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

LOL!

Is this the part of the thread, where we ask ridiculous questions?! :biggrin:

Good a time as I aint got a 788 to fly yet....

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Samany69 said:

its not that hard to give people the key of the door they want but also warn them of whats inside ! like telling them that if you wish to run charts from pdf , you might experience significant drops of frames.... yet i hope that you got my point .

I'm sure that point was understood, but that certainly won't stop people from coming in here complaining about it. There's a major difference between doing it, and doing it to a quality level. They could probably do it, but it also wouldn't be to a quality that they would like it to be. That's the issue people seem to fail to understand.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

4 hours ago, Samany69 said:

Saman Mahdi Abadi

Why not just leave the design decisions to PMDG. They know what needs to be done, how to do it, whether it is practical/possible/viable. They really have been doing this for years. If you have been here any length of time, you would know that if they believe it can be done properly, then they'll do it.

In the end, if the product doesn't suit your requirements - don't buy it, simple.

David Porrett

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm sure that point was understood, but that certainly won't stop people from coming in here complaining about it. There's a major difference between doing it, and doing it to a quality level. They could probably do it, but it also wouldn't be to a quality that they would like it to be. That's the issue people seem to fail to understand.

aye ... i get your point too ...  yet to say i am not complaining at all . i dont know maybe  thats because english is not my own language and ppl are thinking i'm complaining . ... pffff.... anyway . i'm so happy that this community is here now so we , People , can talk from thousands of miles away !   See y'all in -8 soon .

sincerely

Saman Mahdi Abadi

2 hours ago, Samany69 said:

aye ... i get your point too ...  yet to say i am not complaining at all .

I never said you were, I was just saying in general. That being said, people repeatedly asking is most likely not going to change their decision on the matter. Just look at the....no, I'm not even going to go down that road....

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

9 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

people repeatedly asking is most likely not going to change their decision on the matter.

ah yes .... exactly . well . we can't change the way their brains analyse logical matters as it is said : everyone has the right to remain in wrong direction . its their choice . they know the consequences . 

and by the way . Capt. Kevin . very glad to meet and know you in a perfect conversation. a pleasure for me.

Sincerely

Saman Mahdi Abadi

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Samany69 said:

everyone has the right to remain in wrong direction . its their choice . they know the consequences . 

Wrong in your opinion, but not necessarily in PMDG’s. Everyone has a different definition of right and wrong.

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

but not necessarily in PMDG’s

you sir missed my whole point .... as Mr. Kevin got what i meant .... my point  was not PMDG , neither the people who want to pay navigraph nor the people who don't want to pay for that ! .... seems you didn't read the previous posts ! anyway .... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samany69 said:

seems you didn't read the previous posts

I did in fact read them, but it’s hard for me to understand what you’re saying as your wording and sentence structure has left me confused. Your discussion with Kevin came about because you thought PMDG were doing something wrong by not providing an alternative to Navigraph, hence my response.