Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

you thought PMDG were doing something wrong by not providing an alternative to Navigraph

ofc not ! I Never said PMDG is doing something wrong regarding the navigraph thing . i said that PMDG should answer straight . and so me and kevin and kyle got to a point where even if there is everything made as a customer wishlist , yet there are still a lot of people to come and complain ! .... that is the point .... anyway . sorry if my english is bad in anyway .... not my birth language yet i try to transfer my point ! 

Sincerely.

• Upvote 1

Meh...back on topic, which is, will we see the windscreen rain effect in the md11?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

will we see the windscreen rain effect in the md11

haahaa :D . well i am not owner of MD11 .. . but ... wishing that for MD users too secretly :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Meh...back on topic, which is, will we see the windscreen rain effect in the md11?

Can’t tell if you’re joking or not...if you’re not then no, as Rainmaker wouldn’t play nice in terms of performance in 32 bit sims.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Can’t tell if you’re joking or not...if you’re not then no, as Rainmaker wouldn’t play nice in terms of performance in 32 bit sims.

Pfft...32 bit is for knaves and rogues...

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Actually I think it has more to do with the engine than 32 bits or 64 bits on this case. If the performance was an issue simply going 64 bits just don't improve performance it "only" allows for more memory to be used by the programs. Just switching 32 to 64 bits don't change a single thing in terms of performances, or ever so slightly.
It's really something the guy at Lockheed Martin have done to make it possible with good performances.

1 hour ago, wedgantilles said:

If the performance was an issue simply going 64 bits just don't improve performance it "only" allows for more memory to be used by the programs.

I wasn’t referring to FPS, which LM have made some significant strides in with v4, but vas. I’d imagine all of the effects in rainmaker would cause gas to redline when flying into mega airports, something that PMDG are very conscious of.

19 minutes ago, jeanpy2333 said:

Hello,

will it be possible to operate this beautiful bird with FSX

Thank you

Jean from BORDEAUX

Why wouldn’t it work when the base package was released for fsx too.

• Upvote 1

For me the exciting times started when I purchased PMDG "s first B737NG long long time ago.........:ha:

I am now flying the Prepar3d v4.1 and I must say : smooth flying and no OOM"s just great! Ofcourse my flightsim is filled with PMDG planes!

• Upvote 1

Remember that the Cross the Pond event 2018 is somewhere around March.. hopefully something to enjoy in the -8 <3
Maybe with a CPDLC feature? :ampun:

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Hmm, as I think about, while the EFB will be nice, for it to function I will have to maintain a Navigragh subscription.

Will there be any way to access pdfs instead?

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Hmm, as I think about, while the EFB will be nice, for it to function I will have to maintain a Navigragh subscription.

I'm sure the performance stuff will still be accessible without any Navigraph subscription. As for the PDFs, they've already said no.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Boomer said:

No. There will be no decentralized option. The free sources out there aren't up to par, and we're not trying to bring the sim to its knees by trying to force an extremely heavy file type into it (on top of an already resource-heavy aircraft...you know who would get the blame for performance drops when someone takes some random chart from some random site that some random person failed to properly optimize).

• Upvote 7

Kyle Rodgers

Well I will likely start out with a monthly subscription to see if its worth trying to get the budget approval past "committee", IE the prone-to-violence-cop-wife... ;-)

• Upvote 4

spacer.png