Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

7 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

So when is release expected 

Tomorrow. Just for you! 😛

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1 hour ago, anthonyg96 said:

So when is release expected 

I myself have already released several times just thinking about my 788...

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I myself have already released several times just thinking about my 788...

I'd feel the same for a 788 or a 789!

David Porrett

13 hours ago, Boomer said:

Well I will likely start out with a monthly subscription to see if its worth trying to get the budget approval past "committee", IE the prone-to-violence-cop-wife... ;-)

Ah, yes. One of the nice things about not getting married. One less thing I have to worry about.

• Upvote 4

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

ok .... one more question , i know it might have been asked already , i know it does not relate to pilots at all ! ... well it is just a question so ..... will the -8 come out with also a working CMC menu ? :ph34r: i will give my life for that one :lope_you: that will be something more and more useful to my own simulation since i'm not a pilot but a maintenance engineer !

Regards.

It's a shame that Navigraph have dropped LIDO charts just for a moving map feature (as they SAY) just before they put their charts into the 748.. Flying the DLH 748 using ugly and much more uncomfortable Jeppesen charts? well... well... oh man... It could have been so great. LIDO was designed from the ground up for a use with EFB systems... Jeppesen is actually paper work per design. Well, that possibility is gone.. 

13 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

It's a shame that Navigraph have dropped LIDO charts just for a moving map feature (as they SAY) just before they put their charts into the 748.. Flying the DLH 748 using ugly and much more uncomfortable Jeppesen charts? well... well... oh man... It could have been so great. LIDO was designed from the ground up for a use with EFB systems... Jeppesen is actually paper work per design. Well, that possibility is gone.. 

For this you could just wait a bit about news from PMDG/Aerosoft about their try to get Aerosoft-Charts working in the EFB what RSR said that they are in contact for.
So this could help us on this topic even though that you're right. I am not a fan of Jeppensen but at the end, finally we have Charts on demand in a EFB :D At the moment I really don´t care which one x)
And furthermore its a big win for the online networks and their controllers. :)

Hopefully PMDG gets Aerosoft charts working and then we can decide which charts we want to use.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

The charts aerosoft uses which are from Lufthansa but aren’t georeferenced. Unlike the jeppensens which are but lido is really better to read.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

In case you missed it:

The typical „discussion“ below it is so worth reading :ph34r:

On 8.2.2018 at 9:30 AM, Ephedrin said:

Well, Lufthansa use an external, windows based EFB on their 747's and most their other aircraft (some use iPad based systems) anyway. I have yet to see an operator who uses the stock Boeing EFB on the 748. But I agree, the LIDO format and symbology is much better and easier to read than the often times cluttered and unicolor Jepp charts.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, serviceceiling said:

I have yet to see an operator who uses the stock Boeing EFB on the 748.

It looks like Cargolux, Korean Cargo, Silk Way, Atlas (I think, it's tough to see on the picture I found), and GSS (Now Atlas aircraft) all use, or at least did, the Boeing EFB's. I think it's all the stock Boeing EFB, but I'll admit I'm not sure if there's a similar type you can get installed in the same spot.

• Upvote 1

I wondered if a couple of details could be shared: which engines will be have (ie. will the Performance Improvement Package be available)? Will we have the latest FMC software allowing use of the tail tank in the -8i?

As a question to anyone else: are there any major differences in the fuel system? The layout and pumps seems to be very similar, if not the same, but are they more computer controlled in the -8? By this, I mean the manual switch off/on of centre tanks at certain weights/configurations, and the frankly Victorian "TANK TO ENGINE" regime?

• Upvote 3