Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

12 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

what would be the use of ADS-B in the sim?

For Simming There will be no significant use until ppl in charge managing in networks like vatsim consider to bring this kinda stuff to their Traffic management applications like Euroscope , also , i asked it because i bet over it with my friend :)))) haahaa ... i told him PMDG -8 even if not now , will be equipped later via an update after release cuz i am sure PMDG always cares about realism :D (( my friend is an Airbus fan :ph34r: )) so i am a Boeing fan :uwe_melk_sblh: .

Just now, hkhoanguyen said:

He wanted to build FlightRadar 24 in Sim

:biggrin: that will be useful tho :uwe_melk_sblh:

26 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

For Simming There will be no significant use until ppl in charge managing in networks like vatsim consider to bring this kinda stuff to their Traffic management applications like Euroscope , also , i asked it because i bet over it with my friend :)))) haahaa ... i told him PMDG -8 even if not now , will be equipped later via an update after release cuz i am sure PMDG always cares about realism :D (( my friend is an Airbus fan :ph34r: )) so i am a Boeing fan :uwe_melk_sblh: .

Do you actually know how ADS-B works? There's also stuff like ProjectFly, Vatspy etc. for viewing sim-traffic.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

Do you actually know how ADS-B works? There's also stuff like ProjectFly, Vatspy etc. for viewing sim-traffic.

no i don't know the way it works. just general info that is uses satellites to improve the Position Coordinates calculation to be more precise and send it to ground stations and nearby airplanes . just an improved way of surveillance system and more precise than the TA/RA modes on TCAS/ACAS. i don't have any technical or professional info about it. 

5 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

no i don't know the way it works. just general info that is uses satellites to improve the Position Coordinates calculation to be more precise and send it to ground stations and nearby airplanes . just an improved way of surveillance system and more precise than the TA/RA modes on TCAS/ACAS. i don't have any technical or professional info about it. 

Yeah. As someone who worked on the actual system, it really does no good in the sim. ADS-B is great for areas where radar is lacking in the real world, and better for getting traffic info into aircraft without TCAS in the real world, but you can do that in the sim already. There's no radar in the sim, and any aircraft can have a traffic display.

So...the 744 and 748 already have ADS-B capability.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah. As someone who worked on the actual system, it really does no good in the sim

ah fine then , but anyway thanks so much for the reply. Appreciate your answer. i understand what you mean . yet i am proud that the PMDG as my favourite SIM company is always the best and the most complete in providing realistic simulation software . 

Regards.

The screenshots look fantastic. I`m looking forward to flying this plane. By the looks of it will be PMDG`s most advanced project yet, so it`s development rightfully takes the time it takes. Is there already an indication of how long finishing it will take, like a number of weeks or months, or is that still in the grey? 

3 hours ago, Stormvogel said:

Is there already an indication of how long finishing it will take, like a number of weeks or months, or is that still in the grey? 

You know better than to ask this ;). Jokes aside, we’ll get a glimpse into their timeframe once it enters beta and the testers have had a chance to break, I mean test, things for a while:laugh:. Until then, only PMDG know the timeline.

37 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

You know better than to ask this ;). Jokes aside, we’ll get a glimpse into their timeframe once it enters beta and the testers have had a chance to break, I mean test, things for a while:laugh:. Until then, only PMDG know the timeline.

Fair enough. It`s just, if it`s known that the breaking...I mean Beta :senyum: is not too far off, I know I should hold off purchasing another plane first.

Oh to be a beta tester and help the team.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

Oh to be a beta tester and help the team.

Unless you've been a beta tester before, you should know it's really not just early access to the aircraft. It requires some painstaking testing and can even take away the enjoyment of the add on.:ohmy:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, squerble said:

Unless you've been a beta tester before, you should know it's really not just early access to the aircraft. It requires some painstaking testing and can even take away the enjoyment of the add on.:ohmy:

Of this I am aware, having beta tested flight sim software twice.

My interest is in helping in any way to get the project out.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

Dear PMDG Team, can you give us please any kind of status update concerning the -8 ?
We haven't heard since some weeks about the project.

EDIT: I know that you update us if there is something to update but as it was quiet in the past week... :P

Thanks
Timm

Edited by xTiMm_

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

15 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

EDIT: I know that you update us if there is something to update but as it was quiet in the past week... :P

Nothing to report... I can report it's not in beta yet but since that isn't a change from the past week....., it is worth reporting?

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

42 minutes ago, downscc said:

Nothing to report... I can report it's not in beta yet but since that isn't a change from the past week....., it is worth reporting?

Well still a useful confirmation of such, that ball parks release in June at the earliest this year IMHO.  Good to know for budgeting for other P3D add ons in the meantime.

spacer.png