Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

13 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Well still a useful confirmation of such, that ball parks release in June at the earliest this year IMHO.  Good to know for budgeting for other P3D add ons in the meantime.

Chris, PMDG will announce when beta starts and it's usually within a day or two of the beta team being notified.  Expect also a technical team testing period before beta.  So, announcing that there is no beta is not news.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Chris, PMDG will announce when beta starts and it's usually within a day or two of the beta team being notified.  Expect also a technical team testing period before beta.  So, announcing that there is no beta is not news.

If there is no beta but there is news of no beta as yet then that is still news.  If there was no news of beta not starting yet then that would be no news, regarding news of beta not starting or is starting.  So, wahoo we have an update!

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

If there is no beta but there is news of no beta as yet then that is still news.  If there was no news of beta not starting yet then that would be no news, regarding news of beta not starting or is starting.  So, wahoo we have an update!

Most would equate news with information.  Everyday that PMDG does not announce that the beta has not started means that someone shouting out that, "hey guys, the beta hasn't started today" is not telling you anything you didn't already know.  Information is something that conveys meaning that you didn't possess before you received the information, so in this case the message that beta hasn't started in light of the fact that there is no announcement from PMDG is certainly a message with no information.  There is a body of mathematics call information theory thanks to the work of Bell Labs pioneer Claude Shannon, you may find his ideas interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan appreciate the lucid response to my rambling.

The "new" information for me is that as of right now the project is not into beta.  It is new by virtue of the fact that it's up to date and current.  So I'm still calling this an unofficial update on the beta update situation as it stood when I started this post.  

So, now I'm to date.  See you tomorrow for a new update. If tomorrow should yield negative as well I will reevaluate at that time, referring the matter to comittee whereby we shall maximize our efforts to obtain updates, bearing in mind such must encompass new information, new being defined, as discussed, as up to date and current at the moment in time.

spacer.png

OK Chris,

That was funny..

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Hi! I always piloting my B744 v3 with my mobile phone, a Galaxy S8. Will it be possible in the B747-8 to take off and landing with my smart phone, as i do now or do I need some control unit, throttle, rudder pedals and flight stick?

Just made the jump to P3D V4.2 in anticipation of the -8 model availability this summer...I'll keep FSX for a while and I will miss the MD-11, but the shadow work and OOM prevention in P3D tipped the decision...and it runs decently with a 4790K and a 780GTX card

Scott Robinson

23 hours ago, Wenholt said:

Hi! I always piloting my B744 v3 with my mobile phone, a Galaxy S8. Will it be possible in the B747-8 to take off and landing with my smart phone, as i do now or do I need some control unit, throttle, rudder pedals and flight stick?

I'm really not sure of what you're doing, but if you control axises with your phone and all, I would not see why the 747-8v3 would not work the same way as the 744 v3, as after all it's not that different. But I really don't see how you control things with your smartphone, never heard someone flying the simulator with their Smartphone :) 

But in the end I'd say you really should invest in a good HOTAS at the very least to make it much more enjoyable, rudder is optional but really make the experience even better.

So it's been three months since the last previews already. Any news or maybe some new exterior shots?

AS has been said time and time again, PMDG only makes announcements when it is ready to do so.  I don't understand why these threads go on and on with speculation and questions that have no answers.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How else should one interpret this? Not trying to be super pushy or annoying here but I simply genuinely wonder where the project stands right now and why we haven't heard anything at all regarding the 748. 

On 1/27/2018 at 10:50 PM, rsrandazzo said:

[...] I promise I will come back for more details on the exterior in the weeks ahead- as the product will be rolling into beta testing very shortly and release soon there-after.  (Side-Note:  The above image is a private little shout-out to my buddy, Nabarun...  Now you sit there and think about what you have done...  :ph34r:) [...]

1 hour ago, serviceceiling said:

How else should one interpret this? Not trying to be super pushy or annoying here but I simply genuinely wonder where the project stands right now and why we haven't heard anything at all regarding the 748. 

Regardless of what they've said in the past, they're probably all hands on deck for whatever's being revealed in June. Might as well just wait it out.

Alex Pugh

I'm not sure beta testing is something that can necessarily be done in a week or even a month. Depending on what issues pop up, it'll take as long as it needs to take to get it done right.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

17 hours ago, serviceceiling said:

very likely because Robert and team have had some ideas to further extend the simulation. They are about to make a big announcement in June at the Flightsim Expo and I bet it will be released not long after this.. My personal guess is end of August... But I am pretty sure they wouldn't hold the 748 that long if it wasn't a big thing and good for all of us, PMDG and their customers. 

For the rest of your post, regarding the silence... well, that's what major developers use to do, PMDG is no exception.

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

[...]  regarding the silence... well, that's what major developers use to do, PMDG is no exception. [...]

I tend to disagree. But to each their own opinion I guess.