Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27JAN18] First Preview of the PMDG 747-8. Exciting Times Ahead!

15 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

I tend to disagree. But to each their own opinion I guess. 

well... 

A2A: after months they said something about a Bonanza, that is about to enter alpha testing. No real comments about the FSX-P3D transition that has been promised when v4 came out.

FSLabs: No update for ages about the progress on the A319/321.

Majestics: Nothing about the Q300 for more than a year?

PMDG: silence about everything except the anouncement in June.

TFDi: Nothing about their future project since the release of the 717 and after mentioning it once or twice that they were working on something. 

pretty normal in my opinion. The only ones who always give updates and are as reliable as nobody else in missing those are Aerosoft ^^ .

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, K Wennerholm said:

Hi! I always piloting my B744 v3 with my mobile phone, a Galaxy S8. Will it be possible in the B747-8 to take off and landing with my smart phone, as i do now or do I need some control unit, throttle, rudder pedals and flight stick?

You should really spend a some kroner to get proper hardware. I'm not sure why anyone would attempt to use a phone, and I'm pretty confused as to why someone would spend so much on the software, only to not spend anything on even the most basic hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

I hope PMDG will include a -8 profile for PFPX like they did with the DC-6. Yes I know it seems like it's abandoned, but it's so much better than Simbrief.

4 hours ago, MattS said:

I hope PMDG will include a -8 profile for PFPX like they did with the DC-6. Yes I know it seems like it's abandoned, but it's so much better than Simbrief.

They probably will, or at least supply the performance data for one to be created. It isn’t abandoned, there’s an update coming but they’ve been relatively silent for months now.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, MattS said:

I would be quite surpised if PMDG abandoned the 747-8 project, it seemed to me very close to the release on January screenshots.

28 minutes ago, Mario Rastelli said:

I would be quite surpised if PMDG abandoned the 747-8 project, it seemed to me very close to the release on January screenshots.

I think he's referring to PFPX, actually.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle, you planning on doing some videos while your beta testing??

UPS123.png

10 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Hey Kyle, you planning on doing some videos while your beta testing??

If not Kyle, I will do some, or some of the other beta testers for sure 🙂

• Like 3

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

If not Kyle, I will do some, or some of the other beta testers for sure 🙂

Awesome Chris! Looking forward to it!

UPS123.png

Really hope you guys did a good job during the alpha and technical testing period weeding out most of the bugs so that beta testing will be short.

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

I'm with you on this Chris, one of my enjoyments is streaming the plane with a small Q&A where I can help.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2018 at 3:04 PM, scandinavian13 said:

You should really spend a some kroner to get proper hardware. I'm not sure why anyone would attempt to use a phone, and I'm pretty confused as to why someone would spend so much on the software, only to not spend anything on even the most basic hardware.

I can understand your confusion. Well it was ment as a joke. I use a GTX 1080 ti for my flight simulation. I have paid 3.950 Euro for my computer, flight stick, throttle and rudder pedals. Thank you for your concern.

Edited by K Wennerholm

On 5/13/2018 at 7:11 AM, K Wennerholm said:

I can understand your confusion. Well it was ment as a joke. I use a GTX 1080 ti for my flight simulation. I have paid 3.950 Euro for my computer, flight stick, throttle and rudder pedals. Thank you for your concern.

You'll have to forgive me. I believe you also submitted a ticket at some point noting the same thing (controlling via your phone), if I'm not mistaken. Tickets aren't supposed to be jokes.

Kyle Rodgers

On 4/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, serviceceiling said:

I tend to disagree. But to each their own opinion I guess. 

What would you like to hear - we have debugged A, B, C today and we have issues with these 45 lines of code?   Software is not like your average building job or project which is common sense.   We have had a good update not too long ago and in the last week had an awesome cockpit tour - what more do you honestly want.

• Like 1