I use FSBuild to create my flight plans.  Now I need to have a gfp format for some of my planes.  So when I try to open the fsxse with little navmap I get an error: Caught exception  "invalid lat/long format "N49(then a tiny diamond shape with a ? inside.  I think it's the degree symbol) then the long degree gets the same error symbol.  The thing is when I save the flight plan I put together in little navmap, it has the same symbol for degrees as the ones made by FSBuild.  Any reason this is happing?  Right now I take my route log from fsbuild and manually put it in navmap the n export it to gfp format.

John K

Hi John,

maybe some encoding problems? Can you upload the zipped (to avoid encoding changes by programs) flightplan somewhere or send it to me by email?

BTW: LNM can also calculate flight plans if you do no plan to cross an ocean.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Quite a bit off topic here.. I am a self taught, hobbyist programmer using VB2008, having the same problem when writing back the degree symbol to FSX.cfg. My little program just changes a few parameters (tex max load, crash on/off etc..) and preselects a saved flight from the documents library. (similar to SimStarter but with much less "fluff") Below is what I have and the only options available are ASCII, Unicode & UTF's 7,8 & 32, UTF8 is the best option, by far, tested. Have looked all over the web for ideas and still cannot get this to work. 

May you provide a little insight? 

Dim UTF As New System.Text.UTF8Encoding

My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\fsx.cfg", ConvertedText, False, encoding:=UTF)

Thought of this just now, would this work? (During read)

If LineOfText.Contains("°") Then
LineOfText.Replace("°", "°")
End If

-OR-
If LineOfText.Contains("°") Then
LineOfText.Replace("°", "°")
End If

Thanks in advanced & THANK YOU for your irreplaceable programs!! (Little Logbook too!  :biggrin:   )

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

@spokes2112 I sent you a PM so we do not hijack the thread.

Replacing the deg is not needed when reading. When writing I keep it. The " is more important and has to be replaced with " (normally but you can also find it in PLN files).

The simulators are usually very tolerant when it comes to malformed flight plans. Other applications are usually more a problem and require Windows line endings and some even cannot deal with the valid XML comments I leave in the files. All this needed a lot of tweaking.

Alex

Here's a zip of a short flight I made to day.  Again I got the same error.  I seem to be unable to upload the file.  How do I email it to you.

John K