Sign in to follow this  

Screens/Animations frozen in cockpit after go around

I was just on final approach at Heathrow after a long haul from JFK and unsurprisingly, traffic stopped on the runway so I had to go around. Upon pressing to TO/GA button multiple times nothing happened so I did the next best thing and I disconnected the autothrottle to manually push it to TO/GA, something bad happened because my flight controls were pretty messed up in the sense that, it took a lot of pressure on the yoke for it to do very little but after a second the inputs were amplified. But what concerned me most is that all of the animations in the cockpit and the screens were completely frozen, and I was still able to move my head around in the flightdeck. Now, you obviously cannot fly a 747-400 on a standard go around procedure without any instruments so I simply notified the controller that there was a malfunction and I needed to log off. To clarify any questions that may arise, my sim did not crash, I raised the flaps during climbout (not all the way!), I tried pressing P in attempt to somehow "refresh" things (seems to work when there is an out of place sound in the background) but the instruments were still frozen. I believe this may be something on my part that I did incorrectly but I can't tell what it is. Thank you

Sounds like a low memory problem with FSX or P3Dv3.  When you push TOGA something most certainly should happen, then the simulation freezes up so yeah, I am thinking issues way beyond the realm of the PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok well in that case I wouldn't imagine it happening too often in the future, especially since I am using P3D v4.1. Thank's for your response!

Sean,

This sounds vaguely like something we resolved after a few similar customer reports.  I don't think the fix has been pushed to you guys yet.

Next update of the 747 will likely be with the pending release of the 748- so let me know if it happens again AFTER that update?

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, seaniez said:

Ok well in that case I wouldn't imagine it happening too often in the future, especially since I am using P3D v4.1. Thank's for your response!

Strangely enough that happened to me in the NGX/FSX flying into Gibraltar one day. Had to execute a go around and the whole cockpit froze up. The plane was hard to control and I couldn’t move my eye point but was determined not to exit the flight after spending two hours on it. I was able land them for some reason the cockpit unfroze and returned to normal. I never opened a ticket and it hasn’t happened again so I wrote it off as an anomaly, but I hadn’t flown that route again and repeated the same steps so I don’t know if the same thing would happen again.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator