Sign in to follow this  
sisoffi

Thanks to Lebor Simulations for freeware OLBA and terrain!

Hi, someone has tried to install OlbaX recently?

when its the moment to select directory no choice possible to do (button is disabled).

many thanks,

Simone

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

Hi, someone has tried to install OlbaX recently?

when its the moment to select directory no choice possible to do (button is disabled).

many thanks,

Simone

I split this off from a 5 year old topic. Please don’t dig up extremely old posts to reply to. Just start a new thread.

As to your question, I don’t know as I haven't tried it but am sure someone will be along that can help.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Simone,

I am currently downloading this package to test. Although I never fly in this location.

What is your Sim version FSX:A (MS) or FSX:SE (steam) and what OperatingSystem are you using.

According to the included .pdf document "LEBOR-OLBAXV1.0-Doc.pdf" the installer is set to autodetect your FSX root folder which may explain why the option to browse to an alternate folder is unavailable, but the installer must first successfully detect your root FSX folder to proceed with installation.
My OS is Win7/64/pro & my simulator is FSX Gold Deluxe AccPack, installed onto an independent 1Tb HDD into a Folder called G:\FSX

The airport "OLBAX v1.0" requires that you have installed "Lebanon TerrainX V1.5"  and after installing OLBAX v1.0, you should follow that up with "OLBAX 1.0.1 patch"

Then add these areas to the FSX "Scenery Library" as per the UserGuide PDF. Being mindful of the order of priority. Make special note of the OZx "aussiex" Link on page 9 if you have difficulties adding the entry to the Scenery Library. 

The OLBAX v1.0 airport installer should autodetect your FSX root folder, and place the files in the appropriate folders there-in. (I will know more once I've attempted a first time installation)
If your FSX root folder is not autodetected, you might need to use to the (FSX Registry Utility) tool
TweakFS  https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php  to make sure your FSX is being pointed to the right "Folder" location by your OS registry. 

There is a fairly comprehensive Userguide "LEBOR-OLBAXV1.0-Doc.pdf" within the OLBAX v1.0 package once extracted. Inside the PDF you will find everything you need to know to properly install OLBAX

hi,

thank you for your explanation. In fact i dont use fsx anymore im with LM p3d 3.4 and 4.1.  i tried to see if this beautiful scenery works as well in new platform. 

I installed before the terrain but nothing, if olba is path dependant i cannot install it.

many thanks

SImone

Hello Simone,

I know nothing of P3D, so cannot advise.

Well it does say  "A Scenery For Microsoft Flight SimulatorX (FSX)" but you might try contacting the author. His EULA is kind of restrictive, so best get permission from him with regards P3Dv4.

That's a nice airport and it runs well in P3DV4.  Seems to be OK without the terrain addon as well, perhaps because I use FreeMeshX.

You can install it to a dummy folder after creating a folder with an empty file called "fsx.exe" and using the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool to set up the registry entries.  You can then either copy the files over to your P3D Addon Scenery folder (don't forget the file in Scenery\World\Scenery) or create an addon.xml file to run it from the dummy folder.

And yes, the EULA is very restrictive but I don't think it stops you doing this on your system.