Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

OPUS Camera in P3DV4

I just bought P3DV4 yesterday and tried my older version 3 OPUS Camera and it seems to work. I plan to upgrade my AS2016 for weather so I only want the OPUS for camera function. Since this is not the upgraded P3DV4 version of OPUS V5 could using it harm my P3D in any way? I already asked in the OPUS forum no reply as of yet.

Vic green

I had opus working in v4 without issues, it didn’t appear to do any harm.  I ultimately moved to chase plane, but opus served me well.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

How do you rate the Chaseplane DHM camera vs Opus, Dave?  

I love chaseplane, I would never go back to opus though it served me well for a very long time.  Chaseplane has many more options, easier to configure, easier to use,  it always remembers my hardware settings (in opus I would frequently have to reprogram joystick buttons because my joystick would register as a different controller if I unplugged it).

Note I’m referring to opus FSX, I never used opus fsi.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I love chaseplane also. Am glad I bought it.I agree with Dave on chaseplane but I have no problem with my joystick. But am back to opusfsi v5. I miss the DHM effect.Chase planes has those effects but to me it dont respond to the weather better than opus. I stay in the cockpit  but sometimes take a peek out the back window. But sometimes I feel like using chaseplane heres a program I used to switch over. 

You can try it out by installing Opus and then make a copy of cameras.cfg and exe.xml. Rename the copied files to  cameras_simplecam.cfg  and  exe_simplecam.xml

The Simplecam option in the app should then become available to switch to Opus.

Thanks again for this program Willy.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV