Sign in to follow this  
top1nice1sorted

PMDG and Airbus X extended missing aircraft sections.

4 hours ago, top1nice1sorted said:

I could only find SP2 installed but I thought this would override SP1. I'll try uninstalling sp2 then download and install sp1 and then sp2 just to be sure. I'll let you all know how I get on but thanks for the help!

SP2 will normally cover SP1 if you are looking in the Add/Remove Programs.  My example showed that.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You have to install SP1 and SP2.  That's why Acceleration includes SP1 as Acceleration is the payware version of SP2.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It will not hurt anything if you install SP1 and SP2 again.  In fact, when you have the SP1 and SP2, it will offer to uninstall it first.  That would give me an indicator that it is already installed.  SP2 adds the ability to use DX10 technology so at least SP2 is installed.  Still, SP1 fixed many compatibility issues and they were not included in SP2.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, top1nice1sorted said:

The issue still exists unfortunately but I think it could be related to FS Dream Team's GSX as it seems to be when I use this Add On with PMDG and Airbus x

Sounds like an under-powered computer.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, top1nice1sorted said:

The issue still exists unfortunately but I think it could be related to FS Dream Team's GSX as it seems to be when I use this Add On with PMDG and Airbus x

This would be the first report ever of FSDT GSX removing textures for PMDG and AirbusX textures.  Oh, it could happen but think I would be having problems with my PMDG aircraft in FSX using GSX too. I know PMDG textures might disappear at startup and the fix is to add "DisablePreload=0" under [Main].  But too many people own GSX and PMDG/Airbus products and have not reported this problem with GSX.  The computer power supply and underpowered GPU are most likely the cause.  I did a Google search for "fsx invisible aircraft fix" and the problem is common but way back before GSX was ever thought about. 

Submit News to AVSIM

On 1/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, top1nice1sorted said:

I had to reinstall FSX/Acceleration over the past weekend as I reset Windows 10.  You will get invisible textures if the add-on is not installed. Let's say you reset Windows or, to save time you saved your aircraft and scenery, reinstalled Windows, and reinstalled FSX SP1/SP2.  You move the add-ons from a previous installation to the new installation OR, if you reset Windows 10, it will save your personal files but will destroy your FSX installation as well as any add-ons.  It may look like FSX and the add-ons are installed but they are not as they are missing the registry entries.  So, you reinstall FSX and SP1 and SP2 and start up FSX, select the add-on aircraft, and it appears and you load it.  Once loaded, your panel and maybe other textures will be missing.  If you reinstall that add-on aircraft, the panel and textures will appear.  I found this situation when loading a Carenardo aircraft after reinstalling FSX.  It looked like I didn't have to reinstall the Carenado aircraft but, in the end, I had to reinstall all of them. 

Just wanted to bring this thread from last month back up as other members may run into this issue of an invisible panel and/or aircraft textures.

Submit News to AVSIM