Sign in to follow this  
Garry Wan

Why isn’t my flood light working at day time?

My ngx’s flood lights don’t work during day time meanwhile I tested on my majestic q400 and pmdg T7, only ngx has this problem.

• Upvote 1

Garry, not quite sure what you mean by flood lights, your landing lights? Fixed and retractables? Probably the tower mourned about that, so be sure to let your copilot spot them directly from the nose as they dont look really bright during daytime.

• Upvote 1

Pegaso, the flood lights are the while lights that aluminate the foward panel, and the MCP panel. There are two under the NDu. And one at the left down of the pedestal

1 hour ago, Garry Wan said:

Pegaso, the flood lights are the while lights that aluminate the foward panel, and the MCP panel. There are two under the NDu. And one at the left down of the pedestal

VC lights?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

There's a little spot at the upper left corner, that's the light sensor. Don't remember exactly how I managed time ago, I saved the default NGX flight with the sensor resized just a little bit, and resized the sensor size in panel.cfg to something like 1px. (I'm in another computer and can't look at it exactly).

With that you'll have flood lights during daytime, and you'll have to adjust a little bit the MCP, pedestal and overhead digit lights because the sensor will no longer work, but I like it this way, just like in real life.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joan Alonso said:

There's a little spot at the upper left corner, that's the light sensor. Don't remember exactly how I managed time ago, I saved the default NGX flight with the sensor resized just a little bit, and resized the sensor size in panel.cfg to something like 1px. (I'm in another computer and can't look at it exactly).

With that you'll have flood lights during daytime, and you'll have to adjust a little bit the MCP, pedestal and overhead digit lights because the sensor will no longer work, but I like it this way, just like in real life.

Hello! Thanks for the reply, so u mean I just have to move that white spot a bit?

2 hours ago, Garry Wan said:

Hello! Thanks for the reply, so u mean I just have to move that white spot a bit?

Nope. Try resizing it, just a click. The little spot will become a bit bigger (you will have to live wit it).
Try and see if it works, if this does not do anything you'll have to edit panel.cfg (sensor section) in addition to that. Always do a backup of the file.
Can't remember exactly the numbers I put there, if I have some time tomorrow I'll update you with.

Maybe some of the developers could help you, but I'm not sure if they like us to modify the original files. :ampun:

• Upvote 1

On 31/1/2018 at 3:32 PM, Garry Wan said:

Hello, it didn’t work:-(

Ok. After doing that, try changing the light sensor section of the panel.cfg (the one that you are using) and replace the two 4 for 500 of the line gauge00.

On 2018-02-01 at 6:53 PM, Joan Alonso said:

Ok. After doing that, try changing the light sensor section of the panel.cfg (the one that you are using) and replace the two 4 for 500 of the line gauge00.

Hello! There are two files that are called Panel.cfg, one is Panel.cfg and another is called panel-4-3.cfg. Which one?

On 2018-02-01 at 6:53 PM, Joan Alonso said:

Hello. I changed it to 500,500instead of 4,4 in both the 4.3 cfg And Panel.cfg but is still doesn’t work.:-(