Sign in to follow this  
Guest Divergent Phugoid

CNN live: Airbus 380 maiden flight from 8:00 GMT

Takeoff has just occurred and what a magnificent sight. Simply stunning and a small slice of history in the making.The internet age is awesome. Here I am in Perth, Western Australia watching something like this live on my computer. AmazingChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Just about bang on time at 8.30pm NZ time. absolutely amazing. Perfect weather for flying too - Airbus Industrie opted for the "Clear all Weather" option.CheersLungs

Yup, it was 16:29 (Local) by my PC clock at rotation...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Thanks thanks thanks zillion times ! the link works

Guest BAW843

No that's a cool link live footage!!!CheersPHIL

Wooohoooo!!!Low and slow down the runway at Toulouse.Brilliant sight - can't wait for 2006 when Boeings arse is kicked.Andy b

>Low and slow down the runway at Toulouse.Well, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do a victory roll at the end of it...:-hahAccording to CNN's Richard Quest she's very quiet, even when taking off...Not sure if I can trust that guy though, he's always shouting!Impressive sight anyway!Best,Martijn

Guest bobsk8

>Wooohoooo!!!>>Low and slow down the runway at Toulouse.>>Brilliant sight - can't wait for 2006 when Boeings arse is>kicked.>>Andy bI work with people that fly commercially for a living on a regular basis. Not one of my co-workers, when the subject is mentioned, is showing the slighest interest in flying on the A-380. Boarding the plane with 799 other passengers and waiting to get you baggage back at the end of the flight sounds like a nightmare, to everyone I talk to . If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going.

>>Wooohoooo!!!>>>>Low and slow down the runway at Toulouse.>>>>Brilliant sight - can't wait for 2006 when Boeings arse is>>kicked.>>>>Andy b>>I work with people that fly commercially for a living on a>regular basis. Not one of my co-workers, when the subject is>mentioned, is showing the slighest interest in flying on the>A-380. Boarding the plane with 799 other passengers and>waiting to get you baggage back at the end of the flight>sounds like a nightmare, to everyone I talk to . >>If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going. >>One thing about commercial pilots, is that they all have "different" opinions. :D I'm a Boeing fan myelf, since the L-1011 is no longer used in regular US passenger service, but I do consider this event, another aviation milestone, and am personally thrilled to see it fly.L.Adamson

I hasn't taken long for this thread to descend to Airbus/Boeing abuse has it?

I'm old enough to remember when people said the same sort of thing about the 747 (numbers different of course).

Indeed - and quite frankly, as an aviation buff who appreciates ANY feat of aviation engineering, I am SICK TO DEATH of it!regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark