Sign in to follow this  
Moonstalker

Not receiving emails from PMDG

So I'm having to reinstall my sim, and when trying to login to PMDG's site, it's telling me I need to change passwords because of Security Improvements, but I never receive the email link (And it's not going to my spam folder). Resetting the password on the site has the same effect. I tried creating a trouble ticket account, but the same thing, I never see the email I need to verify the account.

Is there an issue, or am I just being a huge Durp?

Richard Foley

I tried the reset password link for my account and received an email in about 60 seconds. 

do you use any email client programs? I use Mozilla Thunderbird and sometimes the email gets blocked by my provider BEFORE I could even download it.. Alltough Thunderbird has its own junk folder. When I then log in to my provider's website I can read the email there...

2 hours ago, Moonstalker said:

I tried creating a trouble ticket account, but the same thing, I never see the email I need to verify the account.

Support accounts are separate from the sales accounts.  You may need to create a new support account and then submit a ticket with your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 minutes ago, downscc said:

Support accounts are separate from the sales accounts.  You may need to create a new support account and then submit a ticket with your problem.

I have created an account, but again, I never receive an email to Verify the account creation. I did manage to fill a ticket on my unverified account, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Richard Foley

1 minute ago, Moonstalker said:

I did manage to fill a ticket on my unverified account, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Full name on all posts please Richard.  If you have submitted a ticket then good but now you need to wait to hear from them and that is usually within 24 hrs but this is Sunday so even 72 hr would be normal.

One of two things is likely here, on occasion the software that was supposed to send reauthentication emails had to be rebooted.... but PMDG started this process of resetting passwords two or three months ago and I expect all the bugs are worked out.  The other thing likely is that the email is blocked by either your POP server or your email application (Outlook, Thunderbird etc).  There is nothing that another user in this, a user to user forum, can do to help.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

Full name on all posts please Richard.  If you have submitted a ticket then good but now you need to wait to hear from them and that is usually within 24 hrs but this is Sunday so even 72 hr would be normal.

One of two things is likely here, on occasion the software that was supposed to send reauthentication emails had to be rebooted.... but PMDG started this process of resetting passwords two or three months ago and I expect all the bugs are worked out.  The other thing likely is that the email is blocked by either your POP server or your email application (Outlook, Thunderbird etc).  There is nothing that another user in this, a user to user forum, can do to help.

I made this post thinking I wouldn't be able to open a ticket, hoping someone from PMDG would read it here. I found I was able to open one though my account hasn't been verified. I am patiently waiting. :)

Richard Foley

I have the same problem.

Iam still waiting for an answer from mr. Randazzo and/or Co, about the fact that I'm not able to download 737 ngx anymore form their site (my account at PMDG where I bought this product a couple of years ago

It seems as it does not excist anymore, with Boeing 777 everything works fine till now............

What should I do??????

Best regards, Freek Mulder

Hey Koen, thanks for your quick respond.

I did already whet you suggested, still no answer till now.

I"m afraid I have to be patient, but it doesn't feel good.

Happy landings and thanks again, Freek

Freek (and anyone else this applies to)

If you are waiting around for an answer from ME, then you are doing it wrong.  :biggrin:

Our support team is always on duty and will answer you FAR faster than I ever will.  Odd as it sounds, we put considerable effort into keeping me out of the PMDG-Customer communication loop when it comes to providing answers or support because I have too many other duties- and we don't want you to be siting around waiting for ME!

Always use support if you need anything, as Freek learned.  Glad to hear Chris got him squared away quickly.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

47 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

If you are waiting around for an answer from ME, then you are doing it wrong.  :biggrin:

Hi dear Robert. 

I know you already said that you don't get to read personal emails in avsim . well i have had no other choices or options since it's my totally personal thing which i had to tell you personally so i sent one to your avsim mailbox. .... i hope you get to read it before my chances are off my way .... thanks to you so much .

Thanks Robert, for your respond and above all for "the lesson"

Keep on doing the good work, best regards, Freek (PH-FGM)