Sign in to follow this  

Yes I've been following the news! It appears that now that the regulators are catching up, Bitcoin is decreasing in popularity.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 1/30/2018 at 8:02 PM, MDFlier said:

I would NEVER pay $500+ for a 1060. Not in a million years. I wouldn't pay that for a 1080 either. In about a year or so, 1080s will be $200 or so. THEN, I'll upgrade. Nvidia and AMD are going to keep battling it out and it will be a good thing for us. 

The overclocking part is easy. Change a couple of UEFI settings and she works. I found an 8700K Overclocking Guide on Gigabyte's site an used the exact same settings. Worked like a charm. 

For $200 you will be buying some hard core used miner card. No thx.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

2 minutes ago, PaulGR said:

For $200 you will be buying some hard core used miner card. No thx.

I've purchased many used GTX cards over the years. No problems at all. Pick up a few mo old used one because Nvidia comes out with a bigger number card and people JUST have to have it. Same now with VR equipment as it was/is with Track IR.

On 06/02/2018 at 5:59 PM, Adrian123 said:

I've purchased many used GTX cards over the years. No problems at all.

That may have been less of a problem in the past but, as has already been discussed, any card which looks like a really good bargain for the foreseeable future seriously runs the risk of being an ex-Bitcoin miner. It's a big risk to take.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Certainly an opinion though it's not my experience and as far as bitcoin ordeal, never heard of it here in the US.

51 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

as far as bitcoin ordeal, never heard of it here in the US.

What do you think is artificially inflating the price of GPUs then? https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/cryptocurrency-mining-graphics-card-prices/

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just wanted to drop a note here that I'm rather happy you guys pushed the GTX1070 over the 1060. I just read this line posted by Matthijs over on the Aerosoft forums:

We completed all test on P3d V4.2 and found little that could cause problems. One possible issue is that it might be that GPU's with less than 8Gb of memory could be problematic and causing low fps. Lower than in P3d V4.1 in any case, we are still looking into it but will for sure demand 6 and preferably 8 Gb of GPU mem. 

Regardless of how good their testing is, it appears Lockheed's recommended requirements for the graphics card memory is now 8GB+. So, it appears the GTX1070 most certainly was the better choice for me!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case