Sign in to follow this  
funkyhut1

VERT PATH FULL

Hi,

I'm getting a VERT PATH FULL FMC message which, as far as I can research, is a PMDG error message. I can't find it in Bulfer either.

Here is the situation which has been set up with FsiPanel 2017 for P3D v4. There is no speed or altitude data from the SID (DARIM1R) or the approach (RNAV (RNP) RWY 02) on the legs pages. If I try to enter the data I get an INVALID ENTRY message.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LyKQlw3843ROLJHxc08QnA3C_WMYgtEg

Please can someone help me.

Thank You.

(If I set up a flight on 7L at VHHH and then program the the SID (DARIM1R) and the approach (RNAV (RNP) RWY 02) into VNKT while on the ground at VHHH, all the speed and altitude data is correctly inserted into the LEGS PAGE of the FMC.)

Edited by funkyhut1
Added more info re VHHH

Chris Stanley VTCC

Hello,

These threads may help you solve the problem:

How does your leg page look like? Are there any discontinuity or missing speed/altitude data?

From what I understand skimming through these threads, it may come from something wrong in the navdatabase and it may be worth submitting a ticket to the support.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

He has already submitted a ticket :)

It seems that the issue is how the FSipanel loads the plane. Starting from the ground as he wrote and also checked my self yields no issues. So as I wrote the issue seems to be the 3rd party programm

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the feedback!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain (et al)

Just to update you because I love FsiPanel. There is a work around which works perfectly.Thank you J-P.

Airport VNKT (Kathmandu)
The idea is to get to a point where you can simply take a snapshot of everything and then repeat the approach till you get it right. FsiPanel 2017 has a problem with big RNAV approaches so the idea is to fly TO the point where you want to start the repeat approaches. So,

Setup the FMC with VNKT to VNKT and both the departure and arrival completed.

Dep RWY 02 via IGRIS1A SID to IGRIS.
Then IGRIS1R STAR.
Snapshot taken in FsiPanel at RF003.
Transition to the approach at RATAN.

To repeat simply load the snapshot in FsiPanel making sure you are using the same aircraft and livery and the same destination runway when saving the snapshot

I've used FsiPanel to set up multiple STAR approaches into Kai Tak on the IGS13 with one snapshot taken at the OM to repeat again and again till I got it right.

As a bonus you can change the weather in FsiPanel so each approach can have different challenges.

Chris Stanley VTCC

On 29-1-2018 at 3:07 PM, funkyhut1 said:

... to repeat again and again till I got it right...

Hi Chris,

Do you have to restart P3D every time (in view of the possible problems with PMDG aircraft loading over each other) or can you stay in the same flightsim session?

5 hours ago, Headley said:

Hi Chris,

Do you have to restart P3D every time (in view of the possible problems with PMDG aircraft loading over each other) or can you stay in the same flightsim session?

Always start a new P3D session for each scenario.  I've found that P3Dv4 will allow me to land and shutdown at the gate and then begin a new flight segment without having to restart P3D (this was iffy in earlier versions) but you cannot load a new scenario or change liveries in the same P3D session.

Dan Downs KCRP