Sign in to follow this  

FlightFactor A320 Beta new batch available

Just letting you know: Another batch of FF A320 beta keys has been put up at the org. No requirements this time. I got one myself a couple of minutes ago, but I don't know how much longer this batch will last. Final release is expected within the next month or so according to the devs.

I went ahead and snagged this since it's close to being ready for release.

NAX669.png

Guest Mik75

I bought it too, can’t wait to give it a first spin. 

I can't seem to buy it - say not for sale. How does one go about getting a key?

Thanks,

Scott

Edit: Never mind - it appears to be sold out again :-(

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Sale is closed again. Too bad. Really wanted to buy it. Oh well...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Guest Mik75

It’s been on sale for around 5 minutes. They limited the number of copies, since they want to be able to handle the incoming bug reports. This is the 3rd beta patch, so I hope, we’re not too far from final release. I’ll take her for one or two flight tonight, and I’ll definelty share my impressions. As I spent 95% of my simming time in XP, a very good Airbus is more than welcome. I’m pretty sure, this baby can deliver. ;-)

Happy flying with this hopefully great addition to the XP world. If I had more time at the moment, I would have tried to buy one myself. However, as I could not really support the team with testing or good feedback, I will wait a few more weeks.

The thing that interests me the most is probably something most users would not really consider that important, but I think to remember having read that the FF320 will have a save flight functionality including flight plan, panel state etc.

This is the one thing that really bothers me with XP11 (and its plug-in approach): If the sim crashes (and it does that not THAT often but unfortunately still quite frequently for me) then my flight progress in most cases is completely gone. 

In P3D V4 (which until now only crashed 3 times on me since installation, all caused by one add-on) I could simply reload a saved flight and continue with a loss of maybe 15 minutes (also for third party aircraft like FSLabs or PMDG - no issue so far). 

For someone like me who only has limited time reserves and can´t do a long haul in one session anymore, this is really bugging me enormously and kills all my joy I might otherwise have with XP.

So if the A320 has this feature working, then I will not only have a great aircraft but also a very good reason to return to XP again ... else I will have to wait until LM might have some way of a reliable "continue flight" option.

Can anyone confirm that there is a reliable save option included?

4 hours ago, Mik75 said:

It’s been on sale for around 5 minutes. They limited the number of copies, since they want to be able to handle the incoming bug reports. This is the 3rd beta patch, so I hope, we’re not too far from final release. I’ll take her for one or two flight tonight, and I’ll definelty share my impressions. As I spent 95% of my simming time in XP, a very good Airbus is more than welcome. I’m pretty sure, this baby can deliver. ;-)

I‘m very much looking forward to your feedback, Michael! 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

My first impression: As a previous owner of the Aerosoft Airbus for FSX, the FF A320 looked somewhat familiar to me, but really operates on a much more complex, truly study-level. During my short flight from KABQ to KPHX I did consequently have some problems with the AT and AP logic, which, I assume, were all due to the not-so-well-trained pilot in command (who also mistook the bus tie switch for the APU start switch at one point...). Apart from that the simulation felt flawless, the FBW logic seemed spot on, the FMS felt great and the performance was well above my expectations and well above the performance I get from the FF Boeings.

The only annoyance I found was the view system that seems to partially bypass XPs default view systems (I couldn't configure custom views for instance) and caused some quirks when moving the viewpoint towards the (very helpful and nicely done) EFB. I do not yet have the access to the FF beta forum, but I assume these things are already known and maybe there's already an easy solution to these problems. 

Didn't try the autosave function but will do when I find time for my next flight.