Sign in to follow this  
Norlandair

Bird strike!!!!!

P2ATC is all FOWLED up. I started out last year with P2A_2218, updated to 2300 with Nav1701, updated to 2311 and then to 2.4.0.1_x64 with no problems. Well, the same as everyone else that reported bugs. I didn't do any more updates until  a few days ago when I added Version 2.4.0.5_x64 update. All the Config info that was forwarded from one update to the next is gone. The serial number and code is still there but no connection to voices or any other of the original info I added to config is there. All the paths are empty. Somehow I can still get IFR clearance somehow but after takeoff it directs me to switch to ATC and then ATC proceeds to rattle of every atc number in the area. At 4000' feet it clears me to the RWY at my destination and ask me to descend. If I download the full 0.5 install and remove everything else, will it work?

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you might have installed the program to a subfolder of the old version which will mess up all the data access and some other things.

I would recommend you run the full install that includes the base data and all the other files and pay close attention during the install process to the directory you are installing to.  I would also recommend you delete the current P2A folder and then install to a new folder instead of installing over your old one.  If you have any changes to the taxi data, you'll want to backup your P2ABaseData.mdf file before you delete the old folder.

If you still have trouble, email me the log file for the troubled flight and I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong.

Log files are located in:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View menu.
Dave

So, I removed everything and ran the latest full install with Navgraph 1705. Now it tells me that my key is no good. It could only be used once on that computer. so I removed that and went back to install the original version and the key is also no good for that. Now what?