Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

Can't make P3D work with OBS streaming software

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to setup P3D with OBS. Currently just for recording and perhaps streaming later (few months I suppose).

Unfortunately I can't seem to set it up correctly, I only see black screen...

I tried these things:

• Set it up as "Game capture". I chose specific window and then P3D. Got black screen.
  • "Window capture". The weird thing is that I don't even see every window that I have opened. I chose P3D and again, black screen.
  • "Display capture". This feature works normally but that simply doesn't work for me as I don't want everything to be seen on the recording.

I was experimenting and tried to display the scenario start-up screen. It showed but the rotating plane didn't... Very strange in my opinion. Image of this attached here: 

obs1.png

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks :-)

Tomas

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

1 minute ago, CaptKornDog said:

Do you have the recent Windows Creators update?

Unfortunately not sure what it is or how I should check whether I have it or not :)

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

9 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to setup P3D with OBS. Currently just for recording and perhaps streaming later (few months I suppose).

Unfortunately I can't seem to set it up correctly, I only see black screen...

I tried these things:

• Set it up as "Game capture". I chose specific window and then P3D. Got black screen.
  • "Window capture". The weird thing is that I don't even see every window that I have opened. I chose P3D and again, black screen.
  • "Display capture". This feature works normally but that simply doesn't work for me as I don't want everything to be seen on the recording.

I was experimenting and tried to display the scenario start-up screen. It showed but the rotating plane didn't... Very strange in my opinion. Image of this attached here: 

obs1.png

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks :-)

Tomas

Tomas,

I notice that you have the Nvidia GeForce 1080ti video card. Why don't you simply use Nvidia's SHARE program -- formerly called ShadowPlay? It's a free download from Nvidia. It works superbly for capturing and live-streaming and, in my opinion, is vastly superior to OBS for those with Nvidia cards.

David Mills

• Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

44 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Tomas,

I notice that you have the Nvidia GeForce 1080ti video card. Why don't you simply use Nvidia's SHARE program -- formerly called ShadowPlay? It's a free download from Nvidia. It works superbly for capturing and live-streaming and, in my opinion, is vastly superior to OBS for those with Nvidia cards.

David Mills

Hi David,

I don't have any experience with it. Is it customizable like OBS? Can I create multiple scenes with webcam feed, custom made overlays, transitions between scenes, perhaps stream donations and new followers tracking etc.?

Tomáš Pokorný

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thank you :).

Tomáš Pokorný

OBS seems to work OK for me - I had to use a Window Capture to get the Prepar3D Scenario window to all be captured but then a Display Capture for a regular full screen 1920x1080 window. I had to actually start P3D first and then start OBS. I tried streaming to Twitch and that works OK - looked at it on my iPhone and also via my RokuTV. I have three monitors so it is easy to setup

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hello fellas, 

thanks for the answers, however I tried all that.. :) 

I run OBS as admin, game capture does not work. I run P3D in windowed mode for reasons, so display capture isn't an option for me :(

Tomáš Pokorný

Why isn't Display Capture an option for you?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hey Thomasso,

Could you resolve this issue with the tipp of whitav8?

I Stream Prepar3D v4.2 myself so if I can help you troubleshoot the issue you are welcome.
For my stream I use screen-capture so that i can move stuff into the screen (charts, browser window etc.)

Kind regards,
Patrick

On 1/30/2018 at 11:19 PM, Patrick1246 said:

Make sure that you runs OBS as Admin, game capture should work then.

thats worked for me in game capture many thanks

• Like 1