Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR Team Practice – Saturday 3 Feb, 1900 UTC

RTWR Team Practice – Saturday 3 Feb, 1900 UTC

This online practice session is scheduled for Saturday Feb 3 @ 1900 UTC.  Starting at Kjevik in Norway the route proceeds south through Denmark and Germany before crossing the Alps and finishes at Dubrovnik.  The legs are short (most are 70 to 80 nm) with a focus baton passes and forum posting. 

Ident    Name            Distance nm
ENCN    Kjevik            0
EKTS    Thisted            71
EKKA    Karup AB        48
EKSB    Sonderborg        83
EDHL    Lubeck Blankensee    77
EDOP    Schwerin Parchim    44
EDDI    Berlin Tempelhof     82
EDDC    Dresden                82
EDOA    Auerbach        65
EDQX    Hetzleser Berg        70
EDMA    Augsburg        74
LOWI    Innsbruck        72
LIPB    Bolzano                48
LIPZ    Tessera                72
LDPL    Pula            76
LDZD    Zemunik                77
LDSP    Kastela            54
LQMO    Mostar            69
LDDU    Dubrovnik        47

Choose aircraft that you plan to fly in the race.  It is a daylight session so fly the legs as fast as you can and land safely.  Let's tune up those racing skills.

Team members are encouraged to participate in this session. Any new race team members should make an effort to participate, as this session will provide an excellent opportunity to meet your fellow teammates and experience what the race is like. There will be experienced race members who can assist with any configuration changes required for the race, teamspeak, recommended race aircraft, and any other questions that you may have. The practice session will simulate the race environment including the following:

Flightplan Link

• Duenna validated legs with server tracking enabled

• Teamspeak communications

• Baton and Wingman with posts on the forum.

• Real time baton transfers and handoffs (if needed)

• On-line multiplayer using JoinFS

The practice session will start at 19:00 UTC (2PM EST) and will continue till 31:00 UTC.  Remember to change the event in your Duenna to "AVSIM RTWR Practice "

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Point of order Mr. Chairman. First one has to have racing skills before one can 'tune them up'.

Just sayin'.

Are we using our own RTW forum for posting crashes flights?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hm, probably not the best event to start practicing for me, especially since I will be home only a couple of hours before 1900 UTC, with no idea whatsoever about what I need etc...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter, please check your email.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks Mike, got it, will install everything, see you Saturday!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Not sure yet if I can be present but if so is there any special scenery stuff etc required to fly this route? Looks like a fun trip!.

Now I'm a noobie to this too!!

What are Duenna validated legs with server tracking enabled ?

• Baton and Wingman with posts on the forum ?.

• Real time baton transfers and handoffs (if needed) ?

-------------------------

Is there a requirement for type of aircraft? (Other than being fast!!?  > and a Piston-powered fixed-wing aircraft,  or Turboprop-powered, fixed-wing aircraft of two engines or fewer, or Rotorcraft  (So NO jets permitted right?)

Norm

Hi Norm,

Probably the best place for an initial overview is the Round the World Race website. Look at the tabs for "About Race" and then (when you have some time) "Rules" for the General Rules and the associated FAQ and the RTW Whitelist (of approved aircraft). The "Menu" allows you to look at past history, the race forum, access the Duenna, and explore in more depth.

We can then talk you through the first phases.

Hope this helps you get started,
Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'll try to get the latest versions of everything (TS, FSJoin, etc) installed Friday so I can practice Saturday.

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

BTW. Eamonn has put out an new 2018 version of the Duenna, available at the RTWR website's Duenna page here.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Many of you know my excuse for not joining this evening's session (the skiing's been excellent!), but I'll be back home tomorrow and will start getting some practice legs in. Plus I'll be around for practice next Saturday as well.

Thanks for the heads-up about the new duenna, I'll get that installed.

Hope you all have fun!

I have the baton for EKTS. DH.103 Hornet RR&SOH.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Wingman ENCN to EKTS. Flying Aircraft Factory P-51H, Weather Active Sky for P3dv4

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png