Sign in to follow this  
Attilio

P3D v4 and PMDG

10 hours ago, Ralgh said:

I programmed the space bar to a button on my mouse so I can just press that and move the mouse with one hand. Easy!

Sounds good. How do you do that?

Vic green

42 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Having been utilizing flight sim since the very first version, I too was initially disappointed when 2D panels went away, but I adjusted accordingly, and found that if you want a 2D like view, simply scroll the cockpit view to something like "40" utilizing the mouse.  I get personal 3D enjoyment from being able to use the mouse to look down from my PMDG 777 seat at the pedestal and adjust radios or turn on WX radar. It provides me a real sense of being in a cockpit, and not just a 2D image in my face. Kyle is correct, we yearn for a true 3D feel in scenery, airports and exterior depictions of the engine, landing gear, etc, why not "merge" into a 3D cockpit too.

Robert Marton

I'm not interested in the graphics, in fact my FSX is clean. I only update the afcads. I use active sky next, pmdg 737 ngx, concorde fslabs e a320 fslabs, but only with 2d. I am interested only in the normal and abnormal procedures, this and everything. In 2d everything is more accessible and accessible, such as overhead and I'm not comfortable with VC. I thank you for your opinions, but I tried dozens of times to use the VC but it did not go, even with the help of programs like ezca and chase plane.

I would like the 777 but I do not buy it because I would not use it because of the lack of 2D

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I'm not interested in the graphics, in fact my FSX is clean. I only update the afcads. I use active sky next, pmdg 737 ngx, concorde fslabs e a320 fslabs, but only with 2d. I am interested only in the normal and abnormal procedures, this and everything. In 2d everything is more accessible and accessible, such as overhead and I'm not comfortable with VC. I thank you for your opinions, but I tried dozens of times to use the VC but it did not go, even with the help of programs like ezca and chase plane.

I would say give yourself a break and step into to the dark side (out of your comfort zone). You might actually feel like a pilot not a programmer for a change :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

6 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I thank you for your opinions, but I tried dozens of times to use the VC but it did not go, even with the help of programs like ezca and chase plane.

As someone who grew up using the 2D (because of processor/graphics limitations), I hated the VC, and held the same opinion as you. There were even some rather passionate posts by me here in the forum from years back about how awful dropping the 2D would be, but they've since dropped off after the various server and forum changes.

All the same, as someone who used to teach applications and technology classes, it was incredibly important to be aware of your mental frame. Anyone who walked into class with the frame of "I'll try it but I doubt I'll like it" learned nothing, and was usually just as frustrated when they walked out. Anyone who walked in and thought "I'm not happy about being here, but I'm going to learn something for the better" usually walked out happy, and having learned something.

You'll never grow if you don't force yourself out of your comfort zone. In this case, you're losing out on quite a lot of the enjoyment of the hobby. I honestly think it's just a mindset issue where it's just a little bit of a mental hangup on being used to having it a specific way for so long. I'd go so far as to say that had you grown up with the VC, you'd have the same resistance to the 2D.

Looking back, the 2D honestly makes me kinda sick when I look at it...and I swore I'd never use the VC.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

There is no reason to stay in the past. A VC with chaseplane is where it's at, if you so wish to have your sim look like it did in 2004 you could just set the views to look like 2D simple as that. Time and technology moves on or we would still be riding horses. If someone wishes to remain in the past that's fine but the world is not going to stop for you or anyone. Time marches along. We have to move with it or get left behind.

As a side note I have around 24 views for the VC you could consider all of them as just good looking 2D views. Also old 2D views are very unrealistic of what the pilot see's from him seat POV.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I have around 24 views for the VC you could consider all of them as just good looking 2D views. 

Exactly, and assign those different views to buttons. Almost like scrolling thru 2D panels but better cause you can customize each one.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

23 hours ago, Attilio said:

Soon I will have to upgrade to P3D v4 after years on FSX The 737-800 ngx is absolutely my favorite aircraft and also has the 2D panel. Because of the lack of 2D I could not take the fantastic 777 and 747.

Unfortunately with the VC I just can not fly despite active camera.

Oh yes you can!  You really ought to do yourself a favour by accepting all of the constructive advice in this thread and treat yourself to the PMDG 737, 777 & 744 as well as P3Dv4.  Darn it - and the DC6 too, because I know you won't be disappointed!

23 hours ago, Attilio said:

Main and overhead panel like ngx?

There is a way to produce an imperfect 2D main panel of sorts if you are really that desperate, although it won't have all of the usual knobs and dials of the virtual cockpit which, in my view, are essential to fly these great PMDG aircaft well.  For example, on their B744 you can undock the pilots main CDU displays as well as the autopilot and EFIS controls. Then you can scale and position them where you want them to fit your monitor display/s - and you can even superimpose them on the external cockpit or other views if you want to. You might also want to think about getting SimServer to control the FMS units in the 737, 744 and 777 using an iPad or other tablet.  In the case of the PMDG 737 you also have the ability to put a fully functional and scaleable overhead panel on a single display.

You will need a fairly powerful PC with a decent amount of memory and a good graphics card (i.e something like a GTX1070 or higher) for all of these goodies.  My days of using 32 bit FSX/FSX-SE etc are over as far as I am concerned; apart from when I want to fly down memory lane with a few nostalgic addons I have which won't run properly (yet) on P3D.

This upgrade path is seriously good, honest, so treat yourself or tell your friends its your early birthday!

Bertie  Goddard

RSR - Any chance of a flight in your DC3 one day for this promo?!

13 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Sounds good. How do you do that?

I have a Logitech mouse so I used the software that came with that but you could also use FSUIPC to map a keyboard press to a mouse button. 

• Upvote 1

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ok, I will try to use the vc. You can recommend a program similar to ezdok camera but free. If I like vc then I will also buy ezdok camera (or chase plain)

i would advise chaseplane because it is constantly updated and has a built-in community feature where you can download views from other users.

I used to like the 2D panels before, but that was only because the VC usually looked pretty terrible. The 2D panels back in those days actually looked very realistic compared to what the VC used to offer. However in recent times I have found that the VC is done so well that using 2D panels kills the experience anymore. So on the NGX I don't even know if it has them or not as I have never looked for it. All depends on personal preferences though.