Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

X-Plane 11 default cloud vs xEnviro

X-Plane 11 default cloud improved a lot from Beta days. There is less of a need for a plugin like xEnviro  

• Upvote 2

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Excellent video!  I agree, the default clouds look better.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice video! Thanks to help me save $70.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

In the video you have the upper and lower atmosphere disabled, which causes those ugly gray lines around the clouds, so maybe it isn't a completely fair showcase of xEnviro. I currently have xEnviro switched off until 1.08 comes out due to the lower atmosphere bugs, and it's true that the default clouds look very good now especially with some freeware lua plugins. However, I personally like xEnviro's cloud and atmosphere representation a lot better than the default, especially at high altitudes. To each their own, I guess. I personally don't regret my $70 purchase (seeing as how I'd spend the same on SMP and RWC), but I can see why others would be perfectly happy with the default clouds. One thing I 100% agree on is that they need to stop getting sidetracked with new features and start pushing out updates to existing features much faster. 

• Upvote 1

Waiting to see what HiFi is going to bring to the table.
I too have xEnviro and SkyMaxx Pro. xEnviro is much better on frame rates.

• Upvote 1

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

36 minutes ago, AAN1718A said:

Waiting to see what HiFi is going to bring to the table.

in that day i will play naked only with my captain hat!

• Upvote 4

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I agree with the guy of the video. I've also been thinking to use a 3rd party WX addon. But most of the time I'm satisfied with the build-in version.

However, not sure if you should trust someone who takes off with no flaps and full fuel tanks... :)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

What thing missing in the comparison, regardless of the 2d clouds, is what were the real conditions at the time.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I agree with the cloud part but from weather depiction perspective, XP only draws a circle of clouds around, that alone right there make xE worth buy. 

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

xEnviro is also very light performance wise, and the weather do not pop up like default one. It is great flying high in airliner.

But there will always be some problem due to it not using default weather input system. No custom weather, wind input no compatible with WT3, no ATIS...

So VFR with default weather, high flying IFR with xenviro

Pierre

• Upvote 1

I down grade from 1.7 to 1.6 in  X Enviro and it´s fine to me. Waiting for the 1.8 to get fix the low atmospher bug.   

But the default clouds are fine if you don´t want to expense a lot of money. 

I don't consider xE to be expensive at all, from a programmer's perspective, $70 seems right, it is a very complex software after all, it's an alternative to XP's default and keeps getting better with every update, it looks like it has a good future ahead, dev's are quite active as far as I can tell.

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo