Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Seasonal Textures

Hi,

A while back in one of these X-Plane forums, someone had provided a link to the following:

http://maxx-xp.com/terramaxx

The title of the thread was "Winter is Coming".

Has anyone heard any more about this? Nothing new on the web site or their Facebook page.

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I saw this announced and I sent them an email saying I was interested and when did they think they might release this. That was last month and I haven't heard a thing.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I hope the project isn't dead in the water. I posted on their Facebook page asking about it 6 weeks or so ago, and there haven't been any replies :-(

X-Plane 11 is great, but it really needs seasons.

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I doubt that it's dead in the water. As a wild guess, they might be waiting for Laminar to finalize and release the Vulcan graphics API. From what I've read here, that might require a re-write or conversion of 3d graphics add-ons that were designed for the current graphics API. This might also explain the delay in release or previews of other weather add-ons in development.

If they're waiting for Vulcan, it will still be a while. Or I could be wrong about all this.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I read somewhere that xEnviro was getting together with a company to show seasons. I don't think it was this place.

20 hours ago, steve1919 said:

I read somewhere that xEnviro was getting together with a company to show seasons. I don't think it was this place.

there are some pictures on facebook with xEnviro purportedly rendering winter/snow.