Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

News item: Woman denied emotional support peacock on United flight

There goes my idea to go on holiday with my emotional support honey badger. Mind you it's not like she ever gives a f  :blink: :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

A few months ago I was seeing my wife off at our local airport.  I told the TSA agent at the entrance to the secure area that I was my wife's comfort dog.  Without looking at me he said in a low, wry voice, "Sir, you actually have to be a dog."

Mike

• Upvote 7

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Was she an NBC executive?  After Lester Holt's botched trip to North Korea I understand......

Or was that where she was now flying......  The skiing looked great on camera!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

just so they allow my "Emotional support"  Jack Daniels on board. :)

• Upvote 5

Peacock is not a pet.  Some of these people are really dumb and stupid.  What emotional support? emotional support my #%#.  What's next, some fool will bring a cow, or horse into the airport terminal.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

They make a heck of a lot of noise and even more smelly peacock by-products if you know what I mean.  If it were my seat-mate, it would not have survived the trip.  I've had one flight with a lady that had a shithzu or whatever between her feet next to me.  She spent the whole flight bent over keeping the dog quiet.  How ridiculous.

Jeff Callender

• Upvote 1

Jeff Callender

33 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Peacock is not a pet.  Some of these people are really dumb and stupid.  What emotional support? emotional support my #%#.  What's next, some fool will bring a cow, or horse into the airport terminal.

Horse? It's already been done lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

53 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Wait...what...omg..  seriously?

Lol yeah...I'll get the link tomorrow. There's pictures floating around online.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I have a friend who runs a horse therapy program in the Berkshires - she uses horses (full-size ones) to work with people with a variety of issues - autism, PTSD, etc.  So it's a legit thing.

Of course, in her case, the people travel to the horses, not the other way around...

• Upvote 1

I get the feeling that some people are taking the (word not allowed) :rolleyes: with this "emotional support" lark.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You got me Chris. I don't actually have a pet honey badger... :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)