Sign in to follow this  
zburns896

RXP GTN 750 + PC12?

Hello, I am soon most likely going to purchase a GTN 750 for my Carenado PC-12 and a few other planes and I just wanted to get some opinions on which to get and such. Out of the two that I know of, one being the Flight 1 GTN 750 and the other being the RXP GTN 750, I am leaning more toward the RXP GTN 750 as I believe someone said it is based off a new version of the Garmin Trainer and it is quite a bit cheaper. With that being said, I was wondering if the RXP GTN would work and actually be able to be put into the PC-12's VC as the PC-12 will most likely be the main plane that I fly and use the GTN with. Also how is the RXP GTN on performance? By no means do I have a powerful computer and I wouldn't want a GPS to bring it to its knees. These are just a few things that I wanted to be clear on before I jump the gun and make the purchase.

Thank you, 

Zach Burns

3 minutes ago, zburns896 said:

By no means do I have a powerful computer and I wouldn't want a GPS to bring it to its knees.

Do not believe any available GTN would do that to you.  That said, look at the other characteristics of the offerings and decide.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If you are willing to fiddle with the configuration details, you can likely make the RXP GTN unit work.

If you would like the supported and proven solution, choose the Flight1 GTN.

Bert

This explanation works for P3Dv4. Not sure about the others, but I'm guessing it will.  Yes the GTN 750 will go into the PC-12.  The carenado website says F1 GTN 750 compatible.  So what you do (and this should go for any product that's compatible with F1) install the aircraft. After that there is some setup files to interchange GPS units.  Run the F1 GTN 750 one.  If you want to us the RXP 750 the start the sim load the aircraft up.  Addons menu>RXP Configure.  There should be an option to auto detect.  Utilze that option and select the 750 you wish to use. Under the VC portion of the configuration ensure you select Bezel off.  The plane should reload and with the RXP 750 working.  I would provide a more explicit description but I'm on my phone.  But I think you can figure it out from there.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hi Folks,

Just for the record - works like a champ for me - Bert’s V57 mod - RXP GTN750 - RXP GNS530 - REX Wx Radar - Whamil77’s Wx Radar Toggle... The RXP gauges simply installed via RXP’s custom installer... I’m very happy with the setup... Granted the F1 GTN is the no fuss install which might be easier for a beginner...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Alrighty, thanks all for the input, I am still going through the feature list of both units and they seem extremely similar. I would love to have the GTN and the RXP 530 but that would be extremely costly, which is making me lean toward the F1 GTN option since it comes with both the 750 and 650 units unless you aren't able to have the 750 and 650 both in the VC for the PC-12 then that changes everything. All in all, I will just have to do some more research and weigh options and hopefully decide and purchase soon so I can finally use the PC-12 to its potential. 

Zach Burns

Long time since I've been here but judging by the picture  recent article/interview for the RXP GTN Touch, I am convinced that the RXP GTN750 works in the Carenado Pc-12. Therefore, I think that is the GPS addon I will go for since it is a bit cheaper. I am just hoping they work for the PC-12 in Prepar3D since that is the version I am using

Edited by zburns896

42 minutes ago, zburns896 said:

Long time since I've been here but judging by the picture  recent article/interview for the RXP GTN Touch, I am convinced that the RXP GTN750 works in the Carenado Pc-12. Therefore, I think that is the GPS addon I will go for since it is a bit cheaper. I am just hoping they work for the PC-12 in Prepar3D since that is the version I am using

I am sure that you can make it work.. if you are willing to figure out how to do it.

Worth the $15 savings.... ?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On January 31, 2018 at 0:12 AM, Bert Pieke said:

If you are willing to fiddle with the configuration details, you can likely make the RXP GTN unit work.

On January 31, 2018 at 8:33 PM, Bert Pieke said:

you can use my published mods for the PC12.

Bert, aren't your mods 'fiddling' with the configuration details? Isn't this the essence of adding gauges to panels?

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

if you are willing to figure out how to do it. Worth the $15 savings.... ?

I'm sure we'd be thrilled should you publish your mods for the Reality XP GTN. With your knowledge and craftsmanship, you've proven you were able to figure this out and how to do it for others, and we appreciate this very much.

You're well known for helping out other simmers, but reading the second half of your comment makes me wonder about your attitude toward the Reality XP GTN product in particular, and the credibility of your messages in any Reality XP related discussion in general.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@zburns896 Don't feel intimidated by the prospect of retrofitting: it is very rewarding and the skills build up one step at a time.

The Reality XP GTN and GNS V2 products are easy to integrate, with their complete scope of options, and their superior simulation options. Furthermore, an increasing number of vendors are catching up and willing to offer pre-configured RXP devices options in their aircraft!

It might appear difficult at first, but there is a growing community of Reality XP user's helping out in the official Reality XP Support Forum:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

20 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm sure we'd be thrilled should you publish your mods for the Reality XP GTN. With your knowledge and craftsmanship, you've proven you were able to figure this out and how to do it for others, and we appreciate this very much.

You're well known for helping out other simmers, but reading the second half of your comment makes me wonder about your attitude toward the Reality XP GTN product in particular, and the credibility of your messages in any Reality XP related discussion in general.

JeanLuc, sorry you are offended by this, but I actually do not have the RXP GTN gauges installed, so would be of no help on this..

I do have the RXP GNS gauges installed, and as you know, have published airplane retrofits, using those gauges :happy:

Bert

26 minutes ago, RXP said:

Bert, aren't your mods 'fiddling' with the configuration details? Isn't this the essence of adding gauges to panels?

Well, in the case of the PC12.. no.

A team of us have collectively added real world functionality to the Carenado PC12.. but not added any gauges.

Bert

41 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

JeanLuc, sorry you are offended by this, but I actually do not have the RXP GTN gauges installed, so would be of no help on this..

You do have free keys for both the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 since their release though...

@RXP Lovely, although my daily flyer will most likely be the PC-12 I find it important that it work with my other planes, being the Just Flight Piper Arrow III and the A2A Cessna 172. Sadly I haven't seen many forum posts if any on whether it would integrate well into those planes, "well" meaning with full functionality. Also another question of mine was what the currency and options to upgrade the Nav data in the RXP GTN were.