Sign in to follow this  
phil hazelton

reality xp 750 install prob's

bought reality xp 750

its in computer , theres a folder for it but each time I open it it goes to manuel ? , can not get it to open so I can install into planes

have deleted many time & re-installed with / without virus prob on/off

frustrating .........very cool program , I have the 530 installed & works fine

please help

Phil Hazelton

13 hours ago, phil hazelton said:

bought reality xp 750

its in computer , theres a folder for it but each time I open it it goes to manuel ? , can not get it to open so I can install into planes

What exactly are you attempting to open? Please be specific.  Are you attempting to open from your Windows desktop? Or attempting to open from within the flight simulator? 

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It appears he is having an issue installing the gauge.  He said he cannot get it to open to he can install it into "planes" so believe he has downloaded the product but it will not open?

Perhaps, if he right clicked the installer and selected "Run as Administrator" it would work?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

It appears he is having an issue installing the gauge.  He said he cannot get it to open to he can install it into "planes" so believe he has downloaded the product but it will not open?

Perhaps, if he right clicked the installer and selected "Run as Administrator" it would work?

Understand Jim.  Thanks. The reason to parse out his issue between installing the software on his computer system or instead installing the gauge into an aircraft is that to install the RXP GTN 750 in a particular aircraft the method is to use the "configurator".   Once the package is installed on a computer system the configurator is then located in the simulator Add-Ons menu as "Reality XP GTN".  Don't believe there is a way to open the "configurator" from Windows.  That is why I asked the way I asked.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ah, I see!  So he has to load P3D and the aircraft he wants to install the gauge into, go to the Addon's Menu and click on Reality XP GTN and the configurator to add the gauge will be there.  Sounds simple enough.

16 hours ago, phil hazelton said:

please help

Hope you are getting this information Phil!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Ah, I see!  So he has to load P3D and the aircraft he wants to install the gauge into, go to the Addon's Menu and click on Reality XP GTN and the configurator to add the gauge will be there. 

Assuming he installed the RXP GTN 750 package correctly.  My questions were to pull out which he is having difficulty with.  Installation? Or aircraft configuration?  No way to know until he answers.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I have the REALITY XP 750 in the computer ( built for FLTSIM ) , its in a folder under PROGRAM FILES

When I try to open folder in program files it shows another folder 650 gns , I try and open both and the just take me to the manuel

the XP TRAINER opens but its just a view of how the trainer is set up etc...........

I have REALITY 530 already installed in several planes ..........but I do not see where / how to install the 750 into planes

have deleted / re-installed several times / using different browsers / same thing / trying to go to the REALITY XP site / help / teck/ page seems worthless

spent the last week just trying to get inot AVSIM  site , think that's resolved

any help appreciated

Phil Hazelton

duckdong65@hotmail.com

• Like 1

Phil,
Did you read the discussion here since your previous messages?  The method to get the GTN into particular aircraft in your simulator is  NOT via any program you run from a folder. 

Please start your simulator.  I assume it is FSX but you have not answered that question yet.  When you are in the running simulator, with an airplane loaded, hit the Alt key on your keyboard to bring up the simulator menu bar along the top of the screen.  Then click on the "Add-ons" option.  In the resulting menu that drops down find and click "Reality XP GTN".  Then to the right of that you will see "Setup Aircraft".  That is where you go to get this done.

When you need help please read responses to your questions and answer any questions that have been asked of you.  That should speed help up and lessen any frustration.

Regards,
Frank ( I am another user, not support, ok?)

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hi, in addition to all recommendations above, please just take the time to open and read the RXP GTN User's Manual: Page 4 "Getting Started" 

Select the menu Add-ons | Reality XP GTN to add or remove GTN units to your aircraft panel. Once selected, the panel wizard opens and guides you through. This task-oriented context aware assistant can help you with the following tasks:

• Configure your aircraft panel with GTN popup windows.
  • Replace any similar GPS gauge with a GTN gauge using an auto-detect feature.
  • Remove all GTN gauges from the panel.
  • Restore the panel to its prior state using the automatic backup. 
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Frank ,

tried again ...when I hit ALT the top bar disappears .........I have the menu bar on so it come up when I run FSX

I go int view and I see my REALITY XP 530  is in there but the 750 is nowhere

as stated the 750 is in the programs folder  of my computer

Phil

2 hours ago, phil hazelton said:

as stated the 750 is in the programs folder  of my computer

Perhaps you can provide the full path from C:\ onward as just saying "programs folder" is of little use.  

Perhaps go into your Windows, Control Panel, select Programs and Features.  That should produce a list of all of your installed programs.  See how many and which Reality XP programs are listed.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

4 hours ago, phil hazelton said:

add-on came up but it was for the king only

What do you mean by this? Do you care sharing a few screenshots?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Ok

on install try today ( had to get F1 to re-up me , after so many tried I guess I ran out of installs )

start/ program file/ reality xp / open go to 750 / open it/ get 750&650 folders/ install trainer ( today got error 404 could not get trainer installed /once 750 is  installed menus asks where to put 750 / fsx-ok /

open fsx/ choose hana HI airport / choose thr 850 plane / look at top tool bar/ hit ALT /  look for ADDONS in to tool bar/ not there

Do not know how to do a screen shot for U .......

went to control panel , 2- reality xps in there / the 530 & 750 / 2- diff lines

I now understand what to look for per ur instruction  in tool bar once 750 gns is installed ( did not understand manual )  but its just not there . When I fly the king 200 there is a ADDON in the tooll bar but hitting it bring the options for the king 200

Hope this helps

This is a new computer win7 , 6700 , less than 1yr old , I have had 3- alien built computer just for FLT Sim , been doing it since FALCON days so I'm not that un-computer literate but I'm dangerous

Sure hope this helps a bit , the 750 looks great .....the 530 is also great .

Appreciate ur time

Phil