Sign in to follow this  
mr_gambler

Does the FSlabs A320 worth it?

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

What's the sound issue?? 

Distortions or only wind sound when changing views.  Happened if I had anything other than default airports or wx running.  I think memory problem.  I downloaded the bluesky sound packs and they helped somewhat.  Updated the driver, and no change.  It seems the sound takes minutes to change after a view change. 

13 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I stand corrected, the sound bug is there so that is one that I am aware of.   My panel graphics are crystal clear at ultra resolution and use chaseplane without ever having an issue.  Again, I completely understand that every system is different so what I experience will be totally different than others and vice versa. 

I can't explain what happened with the panels, almost like they weren't fully-installed.  Smears and blurs.  I reinstalled it and everything was fine afterward.  What's driving me bonkers now is getting chaseplane to work. Half the time it crashes, half the time it's fine. 

The FS Labs is an amazing product. Flew it almost exclusively in P3D v3. Now in v4 not anymore however. The frames are so low that it is unflyable for me. Even with all settings on it's lowest.

I own the Aerosoft also, but it never really stuck with me. It's a great add on, but somehow I never felt immersed in the Aerosoft A320. That being said, price-quality-wise the Aerosoft might be the better option for you.

To me, the immersion is a lot higher in the FS Labs compared to the Aerosoft. That is the biggest advantage that the FS Labs has compared to the Aerosoft. The Aerosoft is cheaper and better performance wise.

• Upvote 1

Much better than Aerosoft, given, nice feeling, immersion, logic, flight envelope, lights -  but.....buggy, FPS hungry, VC graphic so bad ( I was hoping they will fix it with V4) and yes of course, customer service not great either. Just pilots on forums are helping each other......There they will need improvement definitely.....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Distortions or only wind sound when changing views.  Happened if I had anything other than default airports or wx running.  I think memory problem.  I downloaded the bluesky sound packs and they helped somewhat.  Updated the driver, and no change.  It seems the sound takes minutes to change after a view change. 

I think I read on their forum that the blue sky sound packs are included by default. 

Jos

39 minutes ago, beep747 said:

I think I read on their forum that the blue sky sound packs are included by default. 

Jos

I read what FSL wrote on their forums as saying that Blue Sky had taken their original sounds, modified some, and left some as they were (the implication being that they infringed their intellectual property in the process, and that it was a scam on the end-user), not that they were included by default.

James

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I read what FSL wrote on their forums as saying that Blue Sky had taken their original sounds, modified some, and left some as they were (the implication being that they infringed their intellectual property in the process, and that it was a scam on the end-user), not that they were included by default.

James

The moderator in their forum wrote that the Blue Sky sound pack was in cases 100% of FSL's work.  (Posted 22 January). So I assumed that adding the Blue Sky Sound Pack wouldn't make a difference. Am I mistaken? 

Jos

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Much better than Aerosoft, given, nice feeling, immersion, logic, flight envelope, lights -  but.....buggy, FPS hungry, VC graphic so bad ( I was hoping they will fix it with V4) and yes of course, customer service not great either. Just pilots on forums are helping each other......There they will need improvement definitely.....

I still don't understand when people say the VC graphics are so bad.  Can you elaborate out of curiosity?  I you running the high resolution VC or did you install the lower ones?  I personally think they are great compared to anything else I have seen out there.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

52 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I still don't understand when people say the VC graphics are so bad.  Can you elaborate out of curiosity?  I you running the high resolution VC or did you install the lower ones?  I personally think they are great compared to anything else I have seen out there.

+1. 

I run a low/mid-end PC. Are there graphical issues in the VC that we need to be aware of?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mr_gambler said:

Hi guys, I have a question for you. I am thinking about buying the FSlabs A320 or not but I can´t decide wheter I should do this or not.
This Add-On is a very expensive one and it would be nice if someone could give some pros and cons for and against buying the bus. 
Many people say that the cockpit textures of the Airbus from FSlabs aren´t that nice but I think it has stunning sounds and many things I would not get if I am flying with the Aerosoft Airbus, which I am currently doing.

So, as I said, please give me some pros and cons for and against the FSlabs! If you want to know my system specs:

i5-6500
ASUS ROG Strix 1060 OC
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P

I´ll be happy if someone answer me :)

Best regards

Max 

In a nutshell: YES !

This is a killer app. Can't get enough. I you want a study level Airbus this is it and its working just fine.

1 hour ago, beep747 said:

The moderator in their forum wrote that the Blue Sky sound pack was in cases 100% of FSL's work.  (Posted 22 January). So I assumed that adding the Blue Sky Sound Pack wouldn't make a difference. Am I mistaken? 

Jos

I have the BSS sounds for both the IAE and CFM variations since the FSL sounds got messed up on the most recent update (October).  It doesn't seem like everyone is experiencing the sound problems (mine were more evident on the CFM but the IAE had some of the same problems) so it could be hardware specific issues.  That being said, the BSS sounds are fantastic and much better than what I was experiencing with the FSL sounds.  I saw one of the FSL guys posting recently about why someone would want to buy the same sounds but the BSS sounds are MUCH better without all the distortion and other oddities I had with the default. Another odd sound I had with the default was this ongoing 5-6 tone melody every 5 seconds or so once climbing above 8-9000 feet that would never go away. This was not cabin chimes or anything that was supposed to be there  It was very faint but once you know it's there it would drive you nuts.  There was a long thread about it on the FSL forums a while back but it seems that was never really acknowledged. This problem was also remedied with the BSS sounds.

It seems like FSL has 'fixed' the sound issues for the next release but the fact it has been nearly 4 months without a fix for the sounds was pretty disappointing which  led me to buy the BSS sounds when they came out.  Otherwise, the plane would be sitting in the hangar not being flown...

To the OP...yes, it's a fantastic airplane and I think the next update will fix some of the performance issues and other minor problems....including sounds.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

+1. 

I run a low/mid-end PC. Are there graphical issues in the VC that we need to be aware of?

with a  low mid end the VC graphics arent going to be the issue mate.

The overall proformance, ie frames and stutters will be.  Its insanely hard on the PC.  Which is unfortunate because its a dream to fly.  Just i find it fiddly right clicking on stuff and I cant use my  ai in any big airports as I run in 4k and the sim just cant handle 4k, the FSL, AI and a big airport, ie YYZ,LHR,LGW,SFO,LAX etc etc etc    The 744 and the 777 fine, the 320 no chance and ive got a 1080ti and a 8700k at 5.0

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

For one the panel texts are dated looking that they don't feel part of the VC with their illumination effect not as blended in, reminds of the pmdg md-11 times. They improved the ugly window sides in v4 but I think that's that. Even though there is lot of geometry detail, the vc looks flat and dry in general due to perhaps average texture work that does not compliment it well. I had a chance to get in an a320 flight deck couple of times and the shapes and sizes of objects are much more felt in the real thing. The pmdg 747 v3 and tfdi 717 or even the AS a320 for that matter do well in that.

The BSS sounds are the icing on the cake for me.  My favourite soundpack for P3D (and it has good competition with the PMDG 747 sounds and the addon sounds available for the Q400 who's name I forget at the moment).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU