Sign in to follow this  
mr_gambler

Does the FSlabs A320 worth it?

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Fslabs has a 319 in the timeline

Plus A321.

And another one  in the very  early stages. The only thing we know about this  one is that  it takes more fuel than  the 320 series.

Since the sound issue came up... this is to anyone with both the Flight Factor A320 and FSLabs:

How good is the FFA320 soundset compared to FSLabs A320 ?

Do they include separate sound sets for both the IAE and CFM variants?

Enrique Vaamonde

I can’t recommend FS Labs. For the price you pay, the timelines of patches is absolutely atrocious. 

5 hours ago, evaamo said:

Since the sound issue came up... this is to anyone with both the Flight Factor A320 and FSLabs:

In my opinion, the FFA320's soundset is one of it's weak points. Only CFM Variant for the FFA320 as IAE is not modelled at this moment.

The FSLabs has both CFM and IAE modelled as well as different soundsets for each.

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I can’t recommend FS Labs. For the price you pay, the timelines of patches is absolutely atrocious. 

It's not so much the timeline for me. The reason being they are a small team, very obsessive over detail and want it to be the closest to perfection they can. Thats a good thing.

What I find "atrocious" is that I find myself here explain for them what's happening. The info I give is there on FSL forums but good luck finding it. 

From what I know and I have zero inside info is from what I can gather is.

The next build has been concentrated on performance. From what I hear and have seen on streams its now "seems" and has been said, it runs as smoothly as PMDG NG, and if that's true then that's truly amazing. 

Sound problems with the new 64bit are said to be fixed. CFM is were I had problems but stream show no problems now.

A list of bugs that are now fixed, some MCDU stuff but thats guess.

After we get the next build I hope we will see the 319 shortly after.

Then it looks like work will go into bring everything they have done that can be brought back to the FSX version 32bit being the problem.

After that? A321.

Why FSL developers cannot give 10 mins of there time to keep give us updates is appalling. I really did expect an "here is were we are at" before christmas. Shame on me.

Anyway...that's all I can give.

As a note all the guys on the forums like Norman etc are great guys and help out all they can. Full respect to them all.

7 hours ago, evaamo said:

The FSL CFM and IAE are not only totally different sound wise, they are also different to fly/taxi/land. If you fly one type for a lot of hours and then fly the other you really can tell the difference.

It's impressive stuff. 

Totally unlike their development communicates that's very un impressive to say the least.

• Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Its a shame as its such an immersive impressive plane, but I havent been able to enjoy it since they released it for P3D v4. The performance is horrid. It's just a complete and utter stuttering mess compared to the other birds I fly. I gave up in the end and lived in hope that the performance patch would come soon. Seems like we've been waiting months :(

On 2 February 2018 at 3:58 AM, Zimmerbz said:

Fslabs has a 319 in the timeline and another Airbus that I don’t think they announced yet.  No timeframe on the 319 though. 

If I could be bothered to try and use the FSL Forums - which I can only liken to a police state -  I'd give them one piece of advice;

Finish THIS one before starting on the next.

Guest Mik75

It’s performing reasonably well on my old system (i5 3570k @4.3 GHz, 16 GB CL9 RAM, GTX 1070, SSD, Win7 64bit) and in P3Dv3. This addon is extremely complex. Modelling the systems in the depth FSL has done with this, has never been done before. You have to adjust settings (I don’t use AI traffic, sliders are all set pretty conservatively, around their mid position), to find a good compromise between visuals and performance. And don’t forget, P3D gets more capable, visuals wise, with every release. And v4 (although I don’t have it) seems to be no exception. So, it’s not possible to have an addon like that, performing super fluiditely with settings set too high, no matter if P3Dv4 is a 64bit application, or not. 

I find the sounds to be spot on (for the CFM), especially the cockpit environment is incredibly realistic. The details, like the sound of the avionics fan changing pitch ever so slightly when changing the power source, are extremely immersive. 

I must chip in and say that the P3D v4 version of the FSLabs A320 is night and day a lot better than the FSX/32 bit version right now. I believe the plan is for them to roll the bug fixes and new features back to the FSX version at some point but having owned both I'm getting a much more fluid, hassle-free experience with the 64 bit build.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

For all the people having performance issues etc

It now looks like a release is coming in the next few days.

Again why was this not a sticky to inform people? anyway....

"the update that we are currently finalising for release in the coming days"

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/14466-panel-states-are-not-saved/&do=findComment&comment=120644

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

re original question, it's worth it.  never had a performance issue with p3dv4 version, runs like pmdg 744 except DL was bad.  fixed that with a new gfx card.

typical thread around here, passive-aggressive.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I have both the FlightFactor A320 and the FSLabs and, while the FSL version is great, I enjoying flying the FFA320 more. Simulation-wise I find them very similar, but the extras in the FF (such as the EFB and gorgeous rain effects) really make the flight experience more satisfying for me. It was also much cheaper...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

For me, what swung it in the end was the tray tables in the cockpit.

So handy for those 'flight essentials'.

tray-tables.jpg

51 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I have both the FlightFactor A320 and the FSLabs and, while the FSL version is great, I enjoying flying the FFA320 more. Simulation-wise I find them very similar, but the extras in the FF (such as the EFB and gorgeous rain effects) really make the flight experience more satisfying for me. It was also much cheaper...

The FlightFactor A320 is for X plane or am I missing something?