Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Ooi

Is this video showing Flight Sim World?

20 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Indeed! It looks amazing!
It's my great hope that LM someday will introduce something similar in P3D.

I doubt we'll see anything similar in P3D for quite some time. If only LM realized that defense contracts are a useless endeavor and a complete waste of time while realizing that flight sims are the future and what really makes the world go round.

Mario Di Lauro

59 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Judging by your signature you are not a fan of FSW. Are you only here to troll and make fun of it? If so, pathetic. And that goes for everyone with these kinds of attitude, no matter what their preferences are.

Just by putting up a smiley don't mean i am trolling and for your information i do have FSW just not put it in the signature as i got it recently. 

And don't need to be a fan of any sim. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

51 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Oh no HumptyDumpty is a nice guy. I don't think he was trolling like others, I think he likes FSW. :-)

Thanks Murmur i am not trolling it's just a reaction to what you said and i really don't know why people think the other way  but that's the way it's everywhere ,and why did you disappear from the chat group ? 

Better get back to the group 

42 minutes ago, tamsini said:

I doubt we'll see anything similar in P3D for quite some time. If only LM realized that defense contracts are a useless endeavor and a complete waste of time while realizing that flight sims are the future and what really makes the world go round.

There is no equal of Truesky in any sim , the only one i found good is in il2 but truesky is just different , for the civil you still have REX with Hifi but definitely from what i see in truesky is brilliant  , LM probably might not even get a 3pd sky , this is where FSW shines , i just hope they increase some performance.

Just awaiting the Wx update and hope i catch a thunderstorm 

• Upvote 1

Yes it is FSW, and yes it is TrueSky.
It is also true that the colours aren't the ones you see in FSW. As the title of the video says, the uploader modified the colours in its video with DaVinci Resolve, which is a powerful yet free program for video editing.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

This episode or discussion reminds me of that famous marketing picture of FSX that awed so many, turned out it was not so.

So we can clear the air, please anybody, duplicate this in FSW w/o any DaVinci Resolve or other effects....please anybody.

My post said nothing bad about FSW, simply pointing out the truth, that everybody before me left out. I think FSW looks pretty good and I hope it develops into a go to simulator.

This is what FSW truly looks like:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, pracines said:

What part of DaVinci Resolve did nobody understand? That is NOT FSW stock footage.

This is exactly the kind of post that drove me away from AVSIM lately. Possibly this made other people happy, so maybe it's not that bad. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Just by putting up a smiley don't mean i am trolling and for your information i do have FSW just not put it in the signature as i got it recently. 

And don't need to be a fan of any sim. 

Ok then. The smiley seemed to imply you were making fun of the remark that the FSW developers are doing a great job and are on the right track. 

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just now, barrel_owl said:

This is exactly the kind of post that drove me away from AVSIM lately. Possibly this made other people happy, so maybe it's not that bad. 

The phrase 'the truth hurts' comes to mind.

Personally I love truth. To hate or despise truth is very dangerous to all mankind, especially the young children, who often speak the truth plainly for all to hear....what would happen to them if truth was forbidden?

The more FSW is touted to be majestic, like the OP video depicts, the less it will become majestic.  

My motive is to be sure nobody is deceived into thinking this is what FSW truly looks like, when it does not. For they will likely hate FSW quickly, maybe even hate flight simulation and Avsim too.  

4 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Ok then. The smiley seemed to imply you were making fun of the remark that the FSW developers are doing a great job and are on the right track. 

Haha no , i wasn't making fun. But all is good 

3 minutes ago, pracines said:

Personally I love truth. To hate or despise truth is very dangerous to all mankind, especially the young children, who often speak the truth plainly for all to hear....what would happen to them if truth was forbidden?

The more FSW is touted to be majestic, like the OP video depicts, the less it will become majestic.  

My motive is to be sure nobody is deceived into thinking this is what FSW truly looks like, when it does not. For they will likely hate FSW quickly, maybe even hate flight simulation and Avsim too.  

The only verifiable 'truth' here is that you chime in in each and every thread about FSW with the only intention to bash at the product. 
That is FSW stock (synonimous: vanilla, meaning with no addons) with some post-processing editing. 

You don't like it? That's OK. But this does not make your view any more close to a truth. Respect other views, other preferences and other platforms than yours.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, pracines said:

This episode or discussion reminds me of that famous marketing picture of FSX that awed so many, turned out it was not so.

So we can clear the air, please anybody, duplicate this in FSW w/o any DaVinci Resolve or other effects....please anybody.

My post said nothing bad about FSW, simply pointing out the truth, that everybody before me left out. I think FSW looks pretty good and I hope it develops into a go to simulator.

This is what FSW truly looks like:

So to be clear, it isn't an artists rendition, which is what the old FSX preview picture was. This is real and we fly in it every day. 

Second, that is not a video of FSW with Truesky. That is it with the same old 2d clouds you find in FSX and P3D. THIS is what Truesky looks like. Stop spreading falsehoods and vitriol. It makes you seem an awful lot like a troll. 

• Upvote 5

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

31 minutes ago, pracines said:

Personally I love truth.

21 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

So to be clear, it isn't an artists rendition, which is what the old FSX preview picture was. This is real and we fly in it every day. 

Second, that is not a video of FSW with Truesky. That is it with the same old 2d clouds you find in FSX and P3D. THIS is what Truesky looks like. Stop spreading falsehoods and vitriol. It makes you seem an awful lot like a troll. 

It is apparent that @pracines can't handle the truth.

• Upvote 4

Most YouTube videos are tweaked with shaders hence the post my P3D, XP , FSX, don't look like that. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

51 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

It is apparent that @pracines can't handle the truth.

I used to reply him, I learnt there's no point doing that. Just ignore him.

He is the kind of guy that doesn't like something, but doesn't get over it. Every new thread he has to come and say something bad about it, then he says he is hoping for the best to the sim.

• Upvote 1