Sign in to follow this  
ColinSigley

Navigraph Data in GTN750

How can I utilise my Navigraph charts and FMS data in the GTN 750 Touch.  There doesn't appear to be any information on airways or fix points leading to errors when I try to import and use flight plans.

Any help welcomed.  I have tried the manuals etc to no avail.

This is not possible because the GTN (both RXP and F1) use the data from the Garmin Trainer. Updates would only be possible if one had the official Garmin update software which, afaik, is quite expensive. 

Hans

2 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

The Garmin Trainer does have airways and vector data so not sure why you aren't seeing those?

That's of course correct. The data is complete. Just as of the latest cycle the trainer has. Sorry if this was not clear in my post.

Hans

Whilst I have been thinking about the problem, I looked at the waypoint data in X-Plane 11 which is a .txt file from Navigraph.  I saved the file with a .wpt extension and put it into the FPLN folder in c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN.  The error message went away and everything sprung to life.  The format of the data is the same.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:42 PM, hjsmuc said:

This is not possible because the GTN (both RXP and F1) use the data from the Garmin Trainer. Updates would only be possible if one had the official Garmin update software which, afaik, is quite expensive. 

Dealbreaker for me. Too bad - the GTN 750 looked very promising.

I personally find it interesting that the GTN 750 is clearly targeted at flight simmers - yet fails to support that community's main source for nav data.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yes, the lack of matching data with XP 11 is a nuisance. I have given up on importing flight plans from anything else as the odds of getting it in has been very low (in my limited experience).

I simply recreate the flight plan again in the GTN750, and so far I have been able to get it close enough to fly with. I only use the GTN750 with small aircraft, so the flight plans are usually not that long or complex. I also use Pilot2ATC, and the trick there is to add a much large leeway of error before ATC tells you that you are off course. I use 20nm lateral deviation, I think. Works like a charm.

You can also add custom fixes on the fly pretty easily, so it is pretty easy to add anything that is missing.

One of the biggest areas of conflict seems to be the STAR/Approach area - I put them in as best I can, but the thing is Pilot2ATC is going to vector you at that point anyway (in most cases), so your plan in the GTN-750 does not really matter.

If you are not using ATC of any sort, then I guess it does not really matter if the data is a bit outdated.

Despite this limitation, I still love the GTN-750 - it is so much better than using that awful GNS530 it is worth any workaround.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

This is quite disappointing for anyone who wants to fly with Vatsim or Pilot Edge with the GTN750. Nothing is worse if you're trying to fly IFR and run into old databases in your nav equipment. Hopefully they will get it together and make it compatible with Navigraph updates, or is it Navigraph that has to do it?

• Like 1

Hopefully, the RXP GTN using the latest trainer v6.50 makes you fly with cycle 1803!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The Navigraph issue is what is stopping me from purchasing the GTN750 as well.  I fly online and need the latest cycle.  Navigraph updates would make the purchase a no-brainer.  I've seen many FB posts expressing the same disappointment.

I will try this, I remember having a look at the SD card content but it was different than the files you list. Maybe because monthly update just copy an incremental database and not the complete set....

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

2 hours ago, kama2004 said:

I will try this, I remember having a look at the SD card content but it was different than the files you list. Maybe because monthly update just copy an incremental database and not the complete set....

The file you want is Nav_db2.bin

Bert

Ok noted, I will look for this file.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...