Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Alternative to Real Traffic ?

You got me, I bought a 1 month subscription to find out about the addiction. 

Hans

It's indeed a lot of fun. Just need to find out how I can get rid of the wrong airlines. Dragonair at LFMN is a bit odd. Also, an AF pilot just landed on the taxiway. I guess these things might be related to the interaction between data from RT, PSC and the sim. I'll search for ways to improve this. 

Hans

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

Just need to find out how I can get rid of the wrong airlines. Dragonair at LFMN is a bit odd. Also, an AF pilot just landed on the taxiway. I guess these things might be related to the interaction between data from RT, PSC and the sim. I'll search for ways to improve this. 

If an aircraft incidentally lands besides the runway it is because of incorrect position data coming from the transponder of the aircraft (via RealTraffic to PSXseeconTraffic). This may happen every now and then, no problem. However, if all aircraft land besides the runway your airport add-on is not well designed and does not match the real world. Same holds for the layout of the taxiways.

To get 100% OK livery match you need to install all the airlines and types that visit your home airport, or wherever in the world you want to fly. I have 100% OK at EHAM, it took me quite some time to gather and install all these liveries, but the view I get is awesome. At the moment I have more then 4800 liveries for 700 airlines  and 111 types with more then 17.000 registrations...

Here a dump of my log file about my liveries:

********* AI_liveries.txt summary *********
4801 liveries read from file E:\VMRGenerator\AI_liveries.txt
17377 Registration codes for a livery
generic Boeing liveries for 22 types: B38M B39M B722 B732 B734 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 B744 B748 B74S B752 B762 B763 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789 DC94 
generic Airbus liveries for 12 types: A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A342 A345 A346 A359 A388 
no generic Embraer liveries
generic Bombardier liveries for 3 types: BCS1 BCS3 CRJX 
no generic ATR liveries
generic Private liveries for 10 types: A148 A320 AT76 B733 B748 B763 BE55 GLF5 PC12 SW4 
700 unique airlines
111 unique aircraft types
Default livery set for aircraft category Heavy, type A306, num liveries: 20
Default livery set for aircraft category Middle, type A148, num liveries: 7
Default livery set for aircraft category Light, type BE55, num liveries: 4
No default livery found for aircraft category Helicopter
Nico

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

if all aircraft land besides the runway your airport add-on is not well designed and does not match the real world. Same holds for the layout of the taxiways.

Not an unknown problem in FSX/P3d.  I design scenery using ADE and the taxiways/runways are occasionally in the wrong location.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

7 minutes ago, kiek said:

To get 100% OK livery match you need to install all the airlines and types that visit your home airport, or wherever in the world you want to fly. I have 100% OK at EHAM, it took me quite some time to gather and install all these liveries, but the view I get is awesome. At the moment I have more then 4800 liveries for 700 airlines  and 111 types with more then 17.000 registrations...

Doesn't this extend the loading time of the sim infintely? I only use the UTLive models at present, but when I added more models from WOAI and MT6 I noticed an extreme loading time. This was long ago, and I never tried it again later, but the sim has to load the models in any case, I think.

Kind regards, Michael  

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

Doesn't this extend the loading time of the sim infintely? I only use the UTLive models at present, but when I added more models from WOAI and MT6 I noticed an extreme loading time. This was long ago, and I never tried it again later, but the sim has to load the models in any case, I think.

Kind regards, Michael  

Hi Michael,

No, that's not at all a problem here. Note that I don't use WoAI, UTL or MT6 but (well designed?!) liveries from FSPXAI and FAIB and a few others.

Kind regards,

Nico

Ah, this might make the difference. I think there's a new freeware AI models package to be published soon with native Prepar3d models which I will certainly try.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I currently only have UTL and the older MT6 aircraft. Will check out your suggestions, thanks. 

Hans

1 hour ago, kiek said:

To get 100% OK livery match you need to install all the airlines and types that visit your home airport, or wherever in the world you want to fly

What I don't understand is why do I get sometimes a good match of liveries and sometimes not? Today, I saw about 90% of good liveries at LFMN on one occasion and almost zero on another. Same airport, same livery file, same time of the day. What does influence the livery allocation if the livery file stays the same?

Hans

15 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

What I don't understand is why do I get sometimes a good match of liveries and sometimes not? Today, I saw about 90% of good liveries at LFMN on one occasion and almost zero on another. Same airport, same livery file, same time of the day. What does influence the livery allocation if the livery file stays the same?

The livery matching process for life aircraft is described in the Manual in section 4.6.

Fluctuations can happen due to different traffic at different moments in time at the same airport. Please look in the log file at the end of the file for more details what you are missing. That should be consistent.

17 hours ago, kiek said:

At the moment I have more then 4800 liveries for 700 airlines  and 111 types with more then 17.000 registrations...

Amateur.

I have 9350 liveries and counting :laugh:

PSXseecon is the greatest thing. It takes time to set everything up re livery matching and types. but nothing beats seeing an AA 772 going around at JFK and seeing the same freaking thing in the sim 5 seconds later. You feel like being there.

Santiago de Larminat

16 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Sometimes airplanes sign in with their reg instead of flight number, so if you don't have that reg in the liveries.txt, then PSX will put a random livery for that airplane. It happens.

For example at VHHH, there are several instances where the CX 77Ws would show not as a CX flight, but as a B-XXX registered airplane. If you don't have that reg in the livery's atc_id= slot, then PSX will show a random 77W.

Santiago de Larminat

3 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

I have 9350 liveries and counting

So are you guys manually downloading every model and livery from FAIB and the like? I understand WOAI does not work well. UTL models seem to be ok but way too little liveries, if that's the reason why Kenya Air flies at LFMN for me. 

Hans

4 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

So are you guys manually downloading every model and livery from FAIB and the like? I understand WOAI does not work well. UTL models seem to be ok but way too little liveries, if that's the reason why Kenya Air flies at LFMN for me. 

Yup, pretty much. And when completing the aircraft.cfg config (flightsim.xxx), do check that the lines atc_parking_codes=, atc_parking_types=, and atc_id= (for better marching with regs), are completed. If not, then add them. 

Look at this post from Nico about a proper flightsim.xxx entry

Santiago de Larminat

Question:  Real-traffic asks if you want to download stand alone version or not ?

wich should i take ?  sorry to ask, but if my eyes still work OK, i do not see any tip in FAQ where these 2 versions are discussed....