Sign in to follow this  
bbogdansk

PMDG'S 737NG3?

Will we see the next version of the NGX soon? The PMDG 737NG3???

The rumor I hear is that the 737 MAX will be modelled in the new PMDG 737NG3.

What will we see? Moving map displays? Split-Shimitar models? Apps for integration with the new version?

The big question is whether or not the next NG will be available for the 32-bit FSX simulator; seeing that the next-generation is taking advantage of 64-bits?

Bettering the best? Is it possible????

I can't wait!

Braden Bogdan, excited!

Edited by bbogdansk
Added my full name
  • Like 1

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what Robert the Great pulls out of his magic hat! Exciting times for sure!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will the failures routine include toilet blockages? If not then nobody will buy it and PMDG will go down the pan.

• Upvote 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

5 hours ago, DLWbluues said:

Will it be available for FS9.1? I'm kidding, Im kidding. Really looking forward to the NG3.

Only for FS 95 :)

• Upvote 3

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I get that lovely blue screen of death on my work PC every now and again. A consequence of still running Windows Vista 64bit.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I get that lovely blue screen of death on my work PC every now and again. A consequence of still running Windows Vista 64bit.

Vista?! 

Your own fault. :)

• Upvote 2

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

747-8 and J4100 aren't even here yet and we are speculating on NG3. :laugh: I imagine we will see the MAX, but it will be in a separate package like how they have been doing things. I would like to see a BBJ package available as well. For NGX they talked about looking in to it, and I am going to guess the juice wasn't worth the squeeze at that point in time. The bird will of course have all the latest and greatest PMDG tech as necessary. As far as making things for the 32 bit simulator the line will be drawn at some point. Over the last month or so I have gotten to the point where I am extremely pleased with P3Dv4 and am going back to FSX less and less. Especially as more aircraft and scenery cross the barrier. With a lot of the algorithms and stuff they talk about running in the back round I would imagine 64 bit would be the only way to go for all of that data to be processed in as close to real time as you can expect. So I expect high end developers will transition over in the next year or 2 depending on 32 bit software sales performance.

Considering the fact that home cockpit building is the new age of flight simulation, due to the advent of a fully immersible sim, let's hope the PMDG Team is smart and produce the Max which can be integrated into cockpit hardware. Maybe I am being selfish since I just purchased the new FDS 737Max Cockpit! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72dcjsohf3a6r11/737Max.JPG?dl=0

Stephen A. Crayton

In my opinion, at the moment, the scimitar winglets are more important then the 737MAX. There are simply many more planes with scimitars (TUIfly as an example have almost the complete fleet retrofitted). And many will be retrofittet in the future and many will be delivered with split winglets. And it would also not take as much time as acompletely new aircraft. I know that scimitar planes do not have other systems. Airbusses with wingtips have older systems than sharklet planes. Sharklets are being retrofitted as well, but as far as I know, there is no specific new kind of system for planes which are being delivered with scimitars. TUIfly retrofitted planes with an age of over 12. So the only thing you´d have to do is to add them, decrease fuel consumption and slightly change behaviour in the air. Other than FSLabs for example. They do model the new systems being delivered with sharklet planes. Apart from that, I do think it´s time for a new NGX version from PMDG;)

Daniel Reber

33 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

So the only thing you´d have to do is to add them, decrease fuel consumption and slightly change behaviour in the air.

Not quite as simple as people imagine. Retrofitting winglets adds just shy of 500lbs to the weight of the aeroplane, they affect how much lift the wing generates (i.e. they are a bit more efficient) thus how much thrust is required for each phase of flight is the main affect (it needs a bit less thrust generally speaking). This is what creates the fuel saving (about a 1.5 and 2 percent saving when winglets are added, but since they add weight, the actual percentage is somewhat dependent on the range of a typical flight the aircraft would make). It'll go another 65 miles or so too because of the increased fuel efficiency. With a more efficient wing and a different airflow over that wing as a result, a winglet-equipped 737 has a different pitch rate on rotation to one without them, so its trim settings are affected by the installation of winglets, and again, the switch to even more efficient winglets from the earlier type has a similar effect.

These are indeed fairly minimal changes, when looked at in isolation, and this might lead one to imagine it'd be 'easy' (or at least comparatively so) for a developer to tweak their existing NG to add scimitar winglets, but if you change one small thing, it has an affect on many other things cumulatively; next thing you know it's effected a big change overall, you have to then start addressing all things it has affected. You wouldn't expect Boeing to make a change to an airliner by adding winglets which change its dry weight, its range, its fuel consumption, its V-speeds, its CoG, trim settings, wingspan and its pitch rate, but for some reason then go: 'ah screw it, we'll leave the FMC data as it is', would you?

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

So the only thing you´d have to do is to add them, decrease fuel consumption and slightly change behaviour in the air.

LOL!

I just love how you make it sound like they only need to change two or three items in a configuration file...

Edited by ABermann
  • Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471