Sign in to follow this  
coa1117

Some RGB greys appear as cyan

I first noticed these oddities in FSX so thought I'd start searching for a solution here.

There are two weird things happening on my Samsung PX2370 display which has a TN panel and is attached to a GTX580:

1. In FSX certain grey values in clouds display as cyan. This also occurs when, e.g., watching YouTube videos with lots of grey values, like aircraft taking off in heavy rain, fog. etc. See the video link below for an example of the latter, but it is identical to the kind of distortion that occurs at times in FSX.

2. Sometimes the backgrounds of windows (folders, browser) appear as a very light shade of cyan. Imagine in Windows a folder window or a Firefox or Chrome window with all of the overlaying objects removed. The background which should be white appears as cyan.

These distortions happen intermittently, and I think are related to specific RGB grey values. When I attach my older Samsung monitor (also a TN panel) to my video card the problem does not occur. I have reset the PX2370 to factory values but the problem persists.

Take a look at this vid which demonstrates what's happening a lot better than I can describe with words. There's a bunch of other distortion in the video due to differences in frame rate between my camera and the monitor, so focus only on the heavily cyan shaded areas.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I was able to eliminate both issues by setting the nVidia Control Panel to manage all color values. 

Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

FYI, the above action did not prove to be a permanent fix. After a few days the issues returned so I simply removed the nvidia drivers (344.65), cleaned the registry of all traces of nvidia software, rebooted and reinstalled the same version. Everthing has been perfect for a couple of weeks now. It was 3 years ago that I installed the drivers and lots can go sideways in that time with Windows 7 updates, FSX addons, etc. Fingers-crossed, this solved the problems.