Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

back in the Saddle

After fooling about with small Carebeo Jets - Premier , Phenom etc. and wrestling with FMS and Proline 21 I've taken a break from that frustration. I climbed back into the 310R. I revisited proper start from cold and dark. (can't check for over 300 rpm drop when at 1700 run up as when you cut the magnetos in the Alabeo it kills the engine) and... been flying the 310 with VOR DME NDB and "trying " to leave the GTN750 minimized and only for radios and NAV freq's

Going back to VOR approaches , procedure turns and old school pilotage. It's a lot more work than following a magenta line. Fun work.

I'm finding as I get older, like most hobbies and passions, we tend to "buy" into gadgetry for ease of use. For my other passions getting a trigger job done on a new acquired firearm or buying the newest high-tech  drum heads for my drums to get that "perfect" sound..Flightsimming is the same and sometimes It's good to strip things down to just perfecting the basic skills. Learn how to become proficient with simple , basic tools offers new appreciation.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Not a 310R but informative.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector