Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

Weather- AS and SKF

Thanks for that, I’ll Take a look.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 hours ago, gboz said:

Sky Force will re-enable itself every time you open it. You have to turn the SF weather engine slider on and then off to reset it each time. Then confirm that the SF weather engine status reads as disabled rather than disconnected.

gb.

Indeed, this does do the trick tx

11 hours ago, gboz said:

It's just that, for me and a few others, if you turn the SF weather engine (SFWE) off (showing disabled) then shut down and restart SF, the SFWE will be back on, ie showing disconnected if the sim is not running sim or connected if it is.

Afaik the fact that is shows 'disconnected' is only a UI problem, so REX posted a while ago. The weather engine isn't actually running or doing anything. I've never seen Connected there, always Disconnected, and I never have weather problems. 

9 hours ago, J van E said:

Afaik the fact that is shows 'disconnected' is only a UI problem, so REX posted a while ago. The weather engine isn't actually running or doing anything. I've never seen Connected there, always Disconnected, and I never have weather problems. 

On my system, with the SFWE on the WE status display will change from "disconnected" to "weather on standby" as the sim scenario screen comes up. Then, as the sim starts, another window opens saying weather is being injected and finally the WE status shows "weather injection completed". So status display seems to be correct for me.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

10 hours ago, J van E said:

Looks like you are right in the case where you start SF with the SFWE previously turned off. The status will show "disconnected" rather than "disabled" but will not inject any weather. So my previous advice seems to be wrong. Still, so many bugs in this program I surprised anyone gets the same results.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.